Going on a diet

NRath

#21 Post by NRath »

Is the steering stem aluminum? What's it weigh, about 6 ounces?!! And an Aluminum stem clamp? That's purty.

You've definitely drilled some weight off. As somebody mentioned, you'll be doing good to drop that Moto frt end, too.

Have you taken any before and after weights?

UpsMan

#22 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (Wayne Schofield @ Dec 30 2007, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
R&S have them listed, they're about $750 if I remember right....

If they have them in stock and they are banned for most racing maybe they'll sell one to you cheap......

Go on, ask them.... I dare you.....

Whats their number? Peterock will ask them. He doesn't mind asking.....

kdeal

#23 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (NRath @ Dec 30 2007, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the steering stem aluminum? What's it weigh, about 6 ounces?!! And an Aluminum stem clamp? That's purty.

You've definitely drilled some weight off. As somebody mentioned, you'll be doing good to drop that Moto frt end, too.

Have you taken any before and after weights?

Neil,

I believe those are stock parts sandblasted (except maybe the clamp). He is trying to do it the poor mans way and it works!

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Dec 30 2007, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whats their number? Peterock will ask them. He doesn't mind asking.....

http://www.rsperformance.net/

wayneschofield

#25 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Dec 31 2007, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Neil,

I beleive those are stock parts sandblasted (except maybe the clamp). He is trying to do it the poor mans way and it works!

The clamp's a little CNC number I think...... me want one..... in Mg please when you're ready..... the black finish will go nicely with my carbon fibre steering stem..... biggrin.gif

Speed 1B

#26 Post by Speed 1B »

Just weighed my bike tonight on a digital shipping scale at work and it weighs 295 lbs with 1/2 gal of gas and all fluids AS RACED.

This is before any cutting of my frame. I also have a 1 piece drag steering stem being made and a set of direct drive spindle mount wheels on order. I am also planning on cutting my fuel tank behind the seat post and having it plastic welded back together. I am thinking after i get everything wraped up that 275 lbs might be possible.

Im really happy with 295. I was hoping for 300 but figured around 310. Looks like ill be able to get down around what some of the YFZs and Hondas are claming they weigh. Cool.

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow that is impressive!

peterock

#28 Post by peterock »

They don't have any TI axles available anymore. I didn't get to talk directly to the guy at R&S. May try him again monday to see what more I can find out. Sounded like there are some out there someplace though.

Speed 1B

#29 Post by Speed 1B »

Thanks Steve. How is your lightening project coming?

Tim said that you were going to cut out the indentations on the inside of the frame rails down by the footpegs like the new can-ams are doing. I was thinking about doing the same thing? Have you done it yet? You'll def have to send me some pics.

I dont know about the Ti axles, but i run an aluminum axle and they are easy to get from alot of places. Mine is from a 250R. In all of my research ive never came across a Ti axle.

cannondale27

#30 Post by cannondale27 »

Shh! Thats about as far as I have gotten.My snowmobile has been taking about 3hrs work for every 6hrs riding lately mad.gif