How do i get my rev limiter the same as a moto.

MX Quad Dad

#21 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Jan 28 2008, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I almost never hit the rev limiter on my atk, but when I ride my wifes 450R, I hit it constantly. The motor in that quad sucks compared to mine.

I believe most people hit the rev limit on the Dales more than they think. If you just bump the rev limit on a Dale you can' really feel it, but on the other quads it actually missfires. even if you backed off in time for it to just missfire only once, it would be four revolutions between spark and the next one would be rich.

Back when my son was a "B" rider there was a "A" rider who would almost allways take the holeshot in his class. He had a built 400EX in a field of 250Rs. I remember a few times he hit the rev limit just before the first turn, not only did the other guys eat up his lead most of them drove right past him because it would take a second or two for the engine to clean out

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

Mine misfires bad when I hit the rev limiter.If yours doesnt thats a very good indicator of tuning being off.Should be a very distinctive miss.

MX Quad Dad

#23 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Mine don't feel as bad as the Moto. If you stay on the throttle there is a very noticeable miss. but no backfireing and when you shift its right back on. The carb models have to cut the ignition and it just seems like they take a little longer to come back on or should I say clear out.

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

It shouldnt backfire.Revlimiter does cut ignition.It is a "soft" rev limiter meaning it comes on gradually over maybe 100 or so rpms.Will make a dyno chart showing Honda and dale rev limit.

cannondale27

#25 Post by cannondale27 »

Here you go.Notice the hook at end on dales.They are all like that with 1000ecu.Will have to check a 500 version.It always seemed like they hit it harder.[attachment=5554:RevLimit..._Medium_.jpg]

MX Quad Dad

#26 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Ok now you got me digging.. I don't know were I got my info from but, I was under the impression the Dale's cut the fuel. And I guess I just believed it because all the other quads that I have hit the rev limit on seem to take a lot longer to recover, the Dale seems to just go when you get the next gear.

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

I would also say those Hondas both could use a ignition box for some timing changes.The OEMs like to cut timing alot before revlimit.Raptor especially is barely capable of hitting rev limit because of that.

cannondale27

#28 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Jan 29 2008, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok now you got me digging.. I don't know were I got my info from but, I was under the impression the Dale's cut the fuel. And I guess I just believed it because all the other quads that I have hit the rev limit on seem to take a lot longer to recover, the Dale seems to just go when you get the next gear.

Probably because you notice it before full limiter cuts in and of course you shift or lift a bit.On others shift is to late.Never noticed a lag though on my YFZ.

theJeStEr1340

#29 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I run my stroker at 11k tongue.gif and have hit it a few times, when your running TT and throwing it from 1 tight corner into another that little bit of over rev can mean making a pass stick or not. MX I generally don't get that high unless there is a jump right out of a corner in which case it has come in handy where if I shifted I came up short and if not I just barely got over it.

And I bet he can tell a difference between a cannibal and moto map given he has a pipe.