Congrats to the Thief

wistech

#21 Post by wistech »

I just scored a new set of 450r tires and wheels right out of the crate for $225 shipped. I checked with service honda and it costs just under $1200 for a complete stock setup . blink.gif They just showed up today and sure enough brand new. The guy I bought them from was a duner and had paddles and ribs installed from the dealer so didnt even care about them .

speedracer

#22 Post by speedracer »

$1200?Thats insane,could buy a nice set of Hypers and tires for that blotted price.

wistech

#23 Post by wistech »

Honda wheels have been upwards of $200 each since the 80's. They are double rolled beads ya know. So as soon as I found them I jumped on the deal. I was surprised at the price of the stock Dunlops though. That was from Service Honda too and their prices are way below local dealers.

2000ex

#24 Post by 2000ex »

You could buy 2 sets of Hiper Tech 3's for that price. The stock honda wheels are the strongest stockers I have seen, but I still manage to make them square somehow.

wistech

#25 Post by wistech »

Ya I hear ya. I am surprised Honda went to Dunlops and not sticking with the old Ohstu's. The Dunlops are $20 bucks a piece higher too. No matter, Karen's quad is going to be the first quad I've built from the ground up in 5 years so it's going to get fresh new parts as much as possible. I've got a truckload of powdercoating going in.
It's all got to be clean and new because its getting built in the house .......Shhh don't tell her though. wink.gif