Glamis Project

UpsMan

#21 Post by UpsMan »

Mine has a sticker on the cap that says "caution premium unleaded fuel only" with white letters on a black background. Its just a sticker that goes in a circle around the vent hole. This is special?

kdeal

#22 Post by kdeal »

I don't believe the cap is different just the sticker. It was on some of the last ones out the door. It's not high performance or anything, it's the finishing touchs that count!

On the decal kit. I have a complete unused set I have been holding onto for a couple of years. It's the same with the plastic, new seat, new front shocks and headlight covers as well. They are all new. I even found a new original whip and Cannondale flag for the Glamis. I don't know why I saved it so long, but it paid off as I aquired this Glamis.

I have been hesitating putting the decals on the bike because I am trying to find someone locally to do some high quality scans of all the decals and then print me one out just to check the quality of the scan. If all goes well, I am going to do all of the original decals in High res scans. Once done, we can have any good power sports graphic company makes us new decals off of the digital files onto the best vinyl used today.

jesshamner

#23 Post by jesshamner »

Crap, I ruined some black plastic before I knew they were rare, and now I haven't taken care of my gas cap that has the sticker on it. The sticker may have come off by now.

Brad77

#24 Post by Brad77 »

Well the good news about the stickers is that if Ken's plan goes good then we will have a source for some new decals !

The Glamis is looking good by the way.

Blasterboy11

#25 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Looking good KDeal! Do you have a set of paddle tires for it?

kdeal

#26 Post by kdeal »

No not yet. If I keep it, I will get a set though.

speedracer

#27 Post by speedracer »

Looks VERY clean,nice job kdeal!

NRath

#28 Post by NRath »

'02 a-arms with a toaster... hmmm....

I just picked up a new cap that came from the factory in Dec '02. It's new....

But no sticker. sad.gif
And I've got a new gasket to go with it.

NRath

#29 Post by NRath »

I was rummaging thorough a shelf and low and behold...

A Sticker!!!

hmmmm.... wink.gif

NRath

#30 Post by NRath »

You need one, Ken? This one's not "brand new", more like lightly used. It's got 2 very small nicks in it, but you've really got to be looking to spot it. And, the sticker isn't perfectly centered on it. Funny part is, I looked inside it and it's got your name on it!

I can't imagine you'd put this late model sticker on with those early model A-arms tongue.gif ! That would be kind of like a box-o-chocolates quad, wouldn't it?