Billet Rods

peterock

#21 Post by peterock »

I'll do some checking this next week to see what kind of numbers they are going to need to do both sizes this time around.

MX Quad Dad

#22 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I know Tim shaved the top of my piston for the 2.2mm stroker. But wouldn't the piston hit the head with a 6mm stroker and a longer rod?

2000ex

#23 Post by 2000ex »

Tim shaved your piston because the piston you used was designed for a stock stroke...asso maybe? His strokers require different pistons with the wristpin offset. The 2.2mm stroker requires a different piston than the 6mm. The only way you can get away with using a stock piston is on the 2.2 stroker is by having the piston shaved down.

moto440

#24 Post by moto440 »

He just shaved mine for the 2.2 crank to, I assembled the engine with a stock piston and it had a very slight bind at tdc and would have been much worse once it was warm and running, thats why I assmebled and turned the engine over by hand to check for clearance issues, then I called him and he shaved it!! Tims the man!!! Once the rings get here the 450 stroker will go together and get dynoed I can't wait never ridden a Dale stroker.

kdeal

#25 Post by kdeal »

You are lucky you didn't bend some valves even turning that over by hand. If you are not sure of what you got measure it! I let Tim make all of my stroker pistons as there is no true stock stroker piston out there. Unless you are running a Falicon stroker. ALL of Tim's strokers require a special piston or piston mods to work properly anything else and you might as well throw some $100 bills in the crankcase while you are at it. Falicon is the only stroker crank for a Cannondale that allows you to use a stock deck height piston as they use a shorter rod to accomodate the longer stroke.

MX Quad Dad

#26 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Mar 5 2010, 06:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tim shaved your piston because the piston you used was designed for a stock stroke...asso maybe? His strokers require different pistons with the wristpin offset. The 2.2mm stroker requires a different piston than the 6mm. The only way you can get away with using a stock piston is on the 2.2 stroker is by having the piston shaved down.

Ahh, makes sence.