Traction Control in Motorcross?

peterock

#21 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (jacobw @ Jan 18 2011, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the track was real crappy wouldnt hold lines, all he was doing was riding smart finishin the race. He may not even know what the factory mechanics are doing to his bike, i would say they need to ask his mechanic or team manager, and really who cares, its data acquisition, they are prob using it for gearing changes, or even tire selection see which ones gets better grip

You can be sure Stewart knows everything that is being done to his bike. In order for these guys to be as good as they are, they need to give proper feed back to the mechanics. Only way they can do that is to know what has been added or changed on their machine and give feedback if those changes made a difference. Then on top of that, if the mechanics do something to his bike he doesn't know about and it disqualifies him.........there is no excuse of "I didn't know" to the AMA. Mechanic doesn't get disqualified, rider does.

MX Quad Dad

#22 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I'm not sure if I understand the whole story but, If AMA had warned or told them that the T/C was not allowed and he ran again even with only parts of it still on his bike he should be DQed. I also think his comment and how he made the comment was very unprofessional and very disrespectable. I am not no expert on the AMA rules but I thought they were supposed to have plans for the bikes they run to go into production within 1 year.

Lot of people don't realize how bad the production bikes were before AMA went with the production rule. I remember when you bought a enduro bike and put a kit on it to make it a MXer which didn't include suspension improvements and aftermarket shocks were slim Pickens and I don't know what you could have done for the forks. And after all this had read articles about the pro's bike being worth over 20G. How much would that be in todays $? Then when Suzuki came out with the TM250 I was told that I should find a TM400 owner and swap swingers and it would improve both bikes. I always wondered why Suzuki never realized this, heck if they would have used the same swinger on both it would have lowered inventory cost and they would have had one bike that was right. I guess to much time and money spent on R&D for the factory race bike.

I'm not sure when the production rule came in but I went from a TM250 to a RM370 which at least resembled the factory pro's bike and I was pleased with how good it handled and after I swapped bikes with my brother in law who was on a TM400 he had actually bought brand new almost one year after I bought the RM, I realized the TM was worse than I remembered.