Legal question .

jesshamner

#21 Post by jesshamner »

Was quadzilla the actual name? I thought it was Quadracer LT500R. Its still lame even if they are using a nickname.

marshall100

#22 Post by marshall100 »

Quadzilla is the brand over here. I've no idea what you'd compare it to in the states, kymco maybe? It's a level up from the chinese tat that gets sold, before you move into more familiar territory of yams, honda's etc. They do a range of side by sides too, a ridiculously high number of engine variations for their quads. Like i said, never seen anyone race a quadzilla, i think our quad mag did a feature on race prepping a quadzilla, but i don't recall the outcome, if there even was one!

jesshamner

#23 Post by jesshamner »

Yeah we understand that quadzilla is a brand. But what we don't understand is how they can use the exact same name as a quad produced in the 80's by Suzuki. There is a little information about it here. http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/suzuki200...history-p2.html

marshall100

#24 Post by marshall100 »

Ah, maybe it's your side of the pond that the problem sits, I'm obviously aware of the LT500R there were a couple racing last year, but I think the 'quadzilla' bit was an adopted name rather than a name it was called by suzuki themselves perhaps?

jesshamner

#25 Post by jesshamner »

Yeah that's what I was getting to in post #21. I think it was a nickname.

marshall100

#26 Post by marshall100 »

My legs hurt just thinking about having to kick over a 500cc 2 stroke motor!

jesshamner

#27 Post by jesshamner »

Once you getting the jetting right it isn't too bad. It's definitely not something you wanna kick more than a few times though.

Kuma

#28 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Feb 21 2011, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My legs hurt just thinking about having to kick over a 500cc 2 stroke motor!

Put them in the right spot, just past TDC, give it a good kick, I can start my CR500 sitting down, I weigh in at 160#. I don't recomend trying that with flip flops though rolleyes.gif

MX Quad Dad

#29 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I hear you on the flip flops. I have a RM370 I bought new and when friends came over and wanted to ride it I would let them try and start it and if you gave it 1/4 or more thottle it had this mean kick-back that was bone shattering , even with boot it would bring tears to you eyes. and I allways got a good laugh in until one day it did it when I was trying to start it with tennis shoes on (and let me tell you tennis shoes in the 70's aint nothing like they have now). after that I gave warrnings not to try it without boots and not to give it any throttle, but still had a few takers. one guy cracked the throttle 1/2 or more with sneaker on. he just looked up at me with a look I'll never forget, then just put the kickstand down (yes MX bikes had kickstands back in the 70's) got off the bike walked (hobbled) away, sat down and I don't think he even spoke for a 1/2 hour. as a matter of fact I was trying to start it a few days ago and I got a reminder the she don't like to be kicked with the throttle open, but I had my boots on and I think she getting a little tired.

marshall100

#30 Post by marshall100 »

I used to hate kicking over my old rm250, that would happily beat you to death before it even thought about firing up. Evil thing, with not nearly enough wheels.

Is a Banshee not a pain in the butt to kick over?