Exhaust System Survey

peterock

#21 Post by peterock »

I honestly was thinking cost effective alternative.

Brad probably needs to look at the big picture and figure out the asnwer to these questions:

1. How many units does he need to purchase to place his order?
2. How long will it take to sell those units?
3. R&D time?

Once he has that information then decide if it is cost effective to really build a custom system or retrofit another machines system.

For the retrofit system. Lets say Brad uses the 450R slipon. Only use the slip-ons that are a round canister, straight through design with adjustable end cap. He could have the round sleeve portion of the canister to length himself probably. Have a shop make a and adapter that slides into the end and secures with rivets or screws. Brad could carry say the HMF pipe but also offer customers the option of modifing and other slip-on 450R exhaust that matches the same diameter canister.

Just really depends how much money Brad can invest into it and how long he can sit on that investment before he sees any return.

peterock

#22 Post by peterock »

gues no one liked my comments?

Happyboy

#23 Post by Happyboy »

Brad/Ken, I by no means wouldn't support at least in spirit you building a brand new system. I was simply giving my opinion on the matter. Many folks have used a "universal" or standard build canister with a custom header. If I were personally were going to build a new pipe, for mass market (lol, cannondale != mass market), would go after a decent power yield with minimal cost. If the intent is to go after maximum power gains with a little higher than average cost then I would without a doubt go after a new design specific to our machines.

After using the nice short cans that Cobradaler had made up from NMotion I really think making a custom header would be cheaper. But, I haven't explored the options myself so perhaps that is not the way to go. I have no doubt that Brad would explore any and all options before putting his own money into a project like this.

But to answer the question about how much would I would be willing to pay. I guess $300. There is so much old used stuff out there its hard to pay for new.