West Coast RollCall.....

CdaleRacer0128

#21 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

yea scott, the smell probably gets to him there:w:

tjusa

#22 Post by tjusa »

Leric thats it if you go to cali you are in charge of tending to the goats tongue.gif

CdaleRacer0128

#23 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

DOH!:eek:

Jaybr

#24 Post by Jaybr »

I just gotta ask what makes this a first?

other than maybe installing 450 kits on the premises

I seem to remember the Champion guys installing a cam in a motor at the group ride last Sept.

Half the quads and bikes there got hooked up to the laptop for tuning.

Parts where being installed left and right.

Not saying it's a bad thing you guys are doing, the west coast guys need help too. I just don't see what makes it any different than the group rides here, unless you guys are charging for the work performed.

Jaybr

#25 Post by Jaybr »

No offense taken,

I was stationed in Vegas for a couple years so I know what your talking about with the riding being different.

No trees to dodge though:(

J. Delaney

#26 Post by J. Delaney »

What do you guys think about doing a West coast round 2? A little further north. The Oregon coast has some awsome sand dunes and cool temps during the summer. Also, the Oregon coast is not as crowded as the California dunes. Big ol' sand box all to ourselvs! Just bring your shovel!!

USAMoto00

#27 Post by USAMoto00 »

So much to do, so little time!!!:mad:

bknight

#28 Post by bknight »

j.delaney is right about this one
http://www.dunefest.com/ man this is big here think about haveing it here about the same time

bphillman

SoCalDale.com West Coast ride

#29 Post by bphillman »

Let me clarify a few things for y'all....

I am Brian Hillman, and I ride a 'dale, and own a Computer Co. I am the originator of the gathering, and along with Maz and Scott (MXRIDER) am hoping to get together and enjoy good company and good help. Heres the back story...

I had my motor redone by Champion a few months ago, and couldn't get it to run after getting it back from him. When it was all said and done, after weeks of frustration I sent for Maz and Scott. They flew out and got it running... still not sure what was wrong with it are we Scott???

At any rate, we wanted to break it in, so we loaded up the RV, and I took them to my favorite riding area, Ocotillo Wells. It was rainy when we arrived and rained through the night. In the AM it stopped and began to clear. It soon turned into a beautiful 80 degree day. We rode and rode for a several hours, sharing time between a tired XT 350, a Blaster Scott did the crank and top end on ( hey, while you are here...) and My Cannibal. Mud is abnomral in the desert, but with the rain, it was like glue. We had a great time and got back to camp and started thinking... They both seemed to like the variety of terrain which was quite different than what they were used to.

I had a great experience with both guys, who proved to me that they really know these vehicles. In addition to getting the thing running, they helped me set up the suspension, fine tune the map (stock Glamis Map), and even gave me some riding tips (I can jump farther without nutting myself... thanks Scott!).

While we were there, the guys had a few calls from people local to SoCal that needed a little of this and that done, but we had no real time to do it.

I know that I have resources like SBM, and WWE nearby, but I would have never taken my bike over there because I didn't know the pervious owner of my bike had overtightened the rear spring. I just thought it was supposed to ride like it was on cement blocks! Someone had to tell me what was wrong, and they knew by riding it!

At any rate, I encouraged Scott and Maz to consider coming out and sharing some knowledge, and mabey doing some work (450/460 kits, cranks, stage 8s, oil change workshop, suspension checks) to cover the cost of their trip and time off, call it a working vacation.

For us riders able to attend, I think it is a "Can't Miss" event to have so many people with knowledge and experience on these things in one place, and to have the ability to get work done, check it on the spot, trade/sell some of your personal stuff you may have collected, and show the vendors we as cannondale owners didn't just throw our bikes away when they went under, that we still exist and want/need their support. Most importantly though, get together and ride! There are some 42000+ Acres of awesome riding area from Dunes, to mountians, jumps and whoops, miles long to flat out runs.

There has been some talk about this being "competition" for other events out this way, I can't see how. The only one I know of is ATK's ride, and that is a "factory" event, and is in Utah, like a thousand miles away. You can't call it a West Coast event if you are unable to drive to the Pacific in a day, can you? :-)

I fully expect and support Maz, Scott, and any other service people to charge for their services, and I think it is wrong for people to expect otherwise. They have spent significant time, effort and $$ to learn about these machines and for that they should be compensated. For the record, they charge less than 1/2 the hourly rate of any shop in SoCal, this is an absolute bargain, and if I know them, they will be dolling out all the "free" advise and help they can, probably too much.

Please go to the site, and if you are interested in attending, register or just show up, and I hope to see you there! www.socaldale.com .

I would like to invite any people from any of the (aftermarket, factory, ect) supporting companies to come out and see how the legacy 'dale riders are a force to be reckoned with.

Thanks for the bandwidth.
Brian
info@socaldale.com

bphillman

#30 Post by bphillman »

Specific to the question of what makes this the first? If the first in what we hope will be a bi annula event for SoCal/west coast 'dale owners. It is certainly not the first or last event anywhere of this type.

Hope this clarifys.

Thanks
Brian

I like this smiley! :eek: