Finished Status Light Project

TheJaspMan

#21 Post by TheJaspMan »

Plus I thought it might get in the way down there one I put a GPR on.

02Cannibal

#22 Post by 02Cannibal »

With a GPR things would be tight. Mounting them in the plastic is a good idea.
As of now, I do not have any plans for the lights. Anyone is free to use the document and expand/improve it.
I'm currently working on some other things and don't really have the time.

cdalepilot

#23 Post by cdalepilot »

this looks like my next project ! great idea guys .:clap: smile.gif

Derno24

#24 Post by Derno24 »

Has anyone else tried this yet. I am going to get Will to help me put this together just got to find the time to do it....

02Cannibal

#25 Post by 02Cannibal »

Ron, I have parts left over from when I did mine. I'll throw everything together and bring it on Sunday (If I get my ECU back :cry: ) You'll just have to decide where to mount it.

TheJaspMan

#26 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by 02Cannibal
Ron, I have parts left over from when I did mine.  I'll throw everything together and bring it on Sunday (If I get my ECU back :cry: )  You'll just have to decide where to mount it.

I have been testing it with some pizos and with LED number screens. I am trying to see if you can take the blinks and turn them into numbers or diffrent warning levels. Or an audible warning.

TheJaspMan

#27 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by 02Cannibal
Ron, I have parts left over from when I did mine.  I'll throw everything together and bring it on Sunday (If I get my ECU back :cry: )  You'll just have to decide where to mount it.

What did you use for the pins? I have a whole box that I got from LADD that go with that connector. I purchased a bunch of stuff from them. I have my eyes on a used S1000 and when I get that I am going to do some testing on other stuff.

02Cannibal

#28 Post by 02Cannibal »

I had some pins laying around that fit. I pulled the pins out of the connector, connected them together, and put some shrink wrap over the connection. Getting the connector is definately the way to go. Ron will have to get the connector/pins to finish it off and let me ride his 450 tongue.gif

TheJaspMan

#29 Post by TheJaspMan »

With the right pins it works out awsome. All you do is pull them small rubber nubs from the original socket (you don't even have to remove it). The shove the new pins with wires attached in the holes until they 'click' and lock in place. The rubber seals tight around each wire.

Derno24

#30 Post by Derno24 »

You have to come riding with me first. I am definitely not letting you race it. I still haven't decided if I am going to.smile.gif