Project silvertoad begins

wistech

#21 Post by wistech »

Well its sunday night . I installed all that had to be installed to get it running and wouldnt you know it ..........it fired right up. The oil pumps are pumpin and the cooling systems a coolin. Tommorow I pick up the front susension from the powdercoaters and project silvertoad will be ready for a shakedown run by mid week. Man I love the sound of that fmf pipe.:head:

wistech

#22 Post by wistech »

Arms are in

wistech

#23 Post by wistech »

Oh the elkas fit like...a.......glove

wistech

#24 Post by wistech »

It gets the skin

wistech

#25 Post by wistech »

Thanks iceracer for the tip on the seat

wistech

#26 Post by wistech »

Patriotic flare and the silver toad hits the road:)

wistech

#27 Post by wistech »

I stole the rear silver plastic of the old faithfull speed. I hope she doesnt mind. Well this project took 2 weeks , a total of 35 hours labor. Of course there was a lot of prep involved . Its so pretty Im not sure if I will be able to get it dirty. Its amazing atv seatcovers.com seat got the stripes to line up so well with the graphics. :clap: The RPM axle turned out to be bent more than I liked and decided to install a better axle (the stock dale ). It will need wheel spacer though.

dalewannbe

Looks nice

#28 Post by dalewannbe »

Hopefully I'll get to see it in person someday.

wistech

RIDE REPORT

#29 Post by wistech »

Oh ....my..... I have fallen for this quad. Those elkas are so soft and smooth . They handle jumps with ease. The moto pipe with the quiet core sounds nice is surprizingly quiet and still lets the motor pull like a frieght train on top. The quad held together but blew the main fuse when I turned the headlights on so that will have to be remidied but otherwise I am overjoyed at the outcome. Here is a pic of the quad 2 weeks ago.

Mjollnir

#30 Post by Mjollnir »

Very nice, wistech. Cannondale should have gone with the silver headlight covers on the LE's. Looks a lot better that way.

Marc