Oil

cannondale27

#21 Post by cannondale27 »

I run the AMsoil V-twin in motor and Spectro trans in tranny.Amsoil is from WI.:head: But I really agree changing it often is the most important thing.3 motors but no failures from oil.All cams,cranks and such were fine.

CdaleRacer0128

#22 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

Originally posted by NRath
If I remember correctly, Jay just told me that Advance Auto is now carrying Redline!

you serious? im bout to go there tomorrow!

Jaybr

#23 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by CdaleRacer0128
you serious? im bout to go there tomorrow!

Yep,

They carry it now, probably won't have the shockproof in stock though.

CdaleRacer0128

#24 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

oh i can do a little bit of convincing when i order 40 quarts at a time:)

cannibalq8

#25 Post by cannibalq8 »

for me the best oil is .. Motorex

Derno24

#26 Post by Derno24 »

I don't know about you guys I just ordered my redline right through the distributor. Kind of curious though. She said they don't discount very much, but I can't imagine if we all pooled together we couldn't get a better price than what is currently out there. I would imagine that shipping would be the issue though!:confused:

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

I would be willing to go in on a order for the Shockproof Trans oil.Always wanted to try that.

CptHook

#28 Post by CptHook »

Well I got my redline at advanced auto, go figure, so anyways, when I bought my dale, I didnt get any mauals with it or anything, how do I go about draining the oil out of the fram and everything, also, is there actually a difference in the oil that you put directly into the tranny, and the oil that you put into the frame? I thought they all ended up in the same mix? Also does anyone know where I can download or print of the engine/electric manuals? Also, is there and oil filter on this thing? If there is, where can I get to it to change it, and what type of filter should I replace it with.

TheJaspMan

#29 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by CptHook
Well I got my redline at advanced auto, go figure, so anyways, when I bought my dale, I didnt get any mauals with it or anything, how do I go about draining the oil out of the fram and everything, also, is there actually a difference in the oil that you put directly into the tranny, and the oil that you put into the frame? I thought they all ended up in the same mix? Also does anyone know where I can download or print of the engine/electric manuals? Also, is there and oil filter on this thing? If there is, where can I get to it to change it, and what type of filter should I replace it with.

Link to Manuals

I would read darn near everything in that link about quads before you go much further. It's some important stuff.

Jaybr

#30 Post by Jaybr »

rolleyes.gif

Jasp, we do have copies of all the manuals on this site:p

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/tech/index.shtml