rare fx 400 pics

Brad77

#21 Post by Brad77 »

4strokemadman,

Since you worked with the moto, did you ever go to any of the field testing? Check out this old thread of mine.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...=&threadid=4496

JeffQuadShop

#22 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by jesshamner
I love that plastic.  I have thought about shaving the plastic down a little just so my knees don't hit the edge of the plastic.  That hurts so bad when you over shoot a jump and the first thing that hits is the knee on that edge...ouch!  I know it would look ugly but at least it would feel a little better and my knees would go back to their normal color.
Jess....don't you wear knee pads?

4strokemadman

#23 Post by 4strokemadman »

Brad,

Yes. I am in the top two pictures, the second one down I am the one just to the right of Ben Jackson. I think I talked to you there, you drag race right?

Brad77

#24 Post by Brad77 »

I was doing some drag racing back in 01. I couldn't mx then because I was healing from broken bones.sad.gif

The guy that was my local dealer was really into drag racing. His name was Mark, and he owned Mark's Motorsports. (now out of business)

Since then, I have gotten back to what I really like to do, MX.

I remember I had a good time up there with you guys.

Because of the low pic quality, I can't really tell. Where are you at in the top pic?

Wow, you have a good memory. I remember talking with that guy in the first pick in the black shirt a lot. Also I remeber this guy that had a few facial piercings.

4strokemadman

#25 Post by 4strokemadman »

In the top pic, I am way in the back center of the picture with a hat on.

jesshamner

#26 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Jess....don't you wear knee pads?

Knee pads are for women;) ohmy.gif ....I hope my g/f doesn't see this! lol.

NRath

#27 Post by NRath »

Madman-
Why did Cannondale go away from that original plastic design? I can see very poor protection for the air filter as one reason, but what about the center section and head light set up?

JeffQuadShop

#28 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by jesshamner
Knee pads are for women;) ohmy.gif ....I hope my g/f doesn't see this!  lol.
LMAO....seriously, everyone should wear then when they ride!

4strokemadman

#29 Post by 4strokemadman »

The plastic changed simply because of manufacturing. They wanted it in production ASAP so it had to be redesigned for Vacuum forming instead of injection molding. Thats why the early models had riveted on mud flaps.

theJeStEr1340

#30 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by 4strokemadman
Protraxrptr: I am currently a consultant for FOX Racing Shox.

Haydug: The battery is where the airbox currently is. Yes that is a round billet piece. I have pics, if anyone wants to resize them for posting I'd be more than happy to send them.

Also thanks for the compliment, but remember I was one part of a great team of people. I have never worked with a more enthusiastic team of people in my life. All the way from the engineers to the people on the line making it happen, it was truly an amazing time!

Please send Pics to XtheDarkJeStErX@aol.com
I love looking at the early models, heck I love looking at pictures of any dale!