Yamaha Cranks

cannondale27

#21 Post by cannondale27 »

I agree probably 500 Yamahas for every 1 Cannondale.And maybe the gloating of my Yamaha riding buddies over my Cannondales failure put the Hex on them:D Little bit of payback never hurt although I also pitched in to help get them running for the races.My whole point in this thread was that when modified ---- happens!Also it was a good opportunity to see the guts of a decent proven crank.

Happyboy

#22 Post by Happyboy »

Hey 86atc250r, you from missouri? If so, is your name GABE?

cdsracer

#23 Post by cdsracer »

Actually, it's my impression that there are many owners out there that have had zero failures. My '02 Cannibal has approximately 200 hours of dune riding on it and it runs like a champ. I have two '03's each with approximately 75 hours on them, no problems either. I bought my Cannondales to replace two Banshees, a Blaster, and I still have my Warrior. Not a single one of those machines have ever made two weekends in a row without a problem. Only the Warrior has survived without major engine failure, but the performance is rather bland. The Cannondales continue to come home in perfect running order, weekend after weekend. In my experience, the Cannondales are the most reliable and exciting machines I've ever owned. I'm not excluding myself from the possibility future engine failure, it happens, but I'm going to wait 'til it happens. Anyone else?

86atc250r

#24 Post by 86atc250r »

Yep, that's me...

We still have one Cannondale ourselves - A Speed that was converted to a Moto. It's the only one I in our area that hasn't come apart yet.

We even ran the 12hrs of America with it back in 2002.

I assume you are Sean that came up to Silverlake last weekend? If so, are you coming to the TT race today? (the picture in my avatar was taken up at Silverlake)

What have you done to yours? We all noticed that it's quieter than many of ours were.

Mine was an old school Cannibal with a non-sight glass engine, one of the old, really noisy engines & trannys.

Do you have a D&M kit - if so, PM me, or if you're coming to the races, let me know there....