Utah RrrockS!

Ryanstones

#21 Post by Ryanstones »

:usa

:head:

Ryanstones

#22 Post by Ryanstones »

this one looks a little hairy, but the sand is very forgiving. Fyr is a good rider too.

Ryanstones

#23 Post by Ryanstones »

Jer and Glade. This bowl was virgin when we got there. The feeling of riding the dunes is unexplainable! running through every gear WFO, getting so far off camber you can't believe it doesn't fall over, while centrifugal force pushes you into your seat. Dropping straight down a bowl at 70. Climbing straight up as the engine strains and speed falls. yet it's all so Soft! I absolutely LOVE it! It felt more like flying to me than riding, the machine responding to every input like we were one mechanism.
:bow:

Ryanstones

#24 Post by Ryanstones »

ooooh that's pretty! I do love a good picture. We rode til near 10 i think. Thanks again FYRMEDIC!
It was hard to sleep for anticipating the next day.

Ryanstones

#25 Post by Ryanstones »

As became my practice on this trip, i was up before the sun preparing for another day of adventure. At about 5:30 AM i heard the first sand worshipper conquer Sand Mtn. It must have been a wicked sandrail judging from the sound at my camp, 5 miles away. I'm really not sure they ever quit running the mtn though. I heard one when i was checking a tree at 2:30.

:drink:

Ryanstones

#26 Post by Ryanstones »

Suz, Jer and I head out into the 'little' dunes on our own and it wasn't long before the Bomb was buried. DON'T stop up hill!
He says he did it on purpose.
She was a little freaked by the difference in feel of the sand. It's that different. She still managed thirty miles before lunch and i guess Jer and i near doubled that. Sand is truly the test of a machine. I felt bad for my cannon, that's why i only ran the valley of Sand mtn 1 time. lol.

Ryanstones

#27 Post by Ryanstones »

After lunch, SANDSTORM rolled in bringing along a fine little Thunderstorm to harden the sand. Another awesome member of the cannondale brotherhood, we sat out the storm in the trailer while he shared his vast and insightful opinions about our shared soap opera. You crack me up Henry! Great to meet you man! And glad to see your 'dale back to being so RIGHT. what did you call this hill? Mother mountain?
Here, Jer readies to conquer her on the 'dale after the V failed to make it twice.

Ryanstones

#28 Post by Ryanstones »

and this is what happens when you run out of momentum before you turn around. LOL He missed a downshift! hahaha
SandStorm said he'd never made it before this without paddles.

Ryanstones

#29 Post by Ryanstones »

Sunset over the dunes, from way above. Wow.:cry:

Ryanstones

#30 Post by Ryanstones »

Sandstorm put a whole new meaning on the word BOWLING, for me! This guy rides! and rides, and rides, and rides...
I finally just pulled over and let him go. He was a mtn away before he even noticed i was gone! He took us on trails all over and around the mtn, and picked the smoothest sweetest paths thru the dunes for hours! 30-75 mph, up and down, over and around...fan freakin tastic!
Then it got dark, and i couldn't decide if he was lost or just night blind! LOL. Great Ride Brother!