Who hasn't had an engine problem...

TheJaspMan

Re: Re: no problems its part of riding a race quad virsus a productin quad

#21 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by TraumaRN
Not sure what this statement is about, I don't believe anyone here doesn't support our country.

I think what he ment was: regardless of reliabilty issues, owning a Cannondale is showing an outward support for our country. That's all.

And if ANYONES sole concern is reliablity then a Cannondale is not the right quad. Period.

A Cannondale was designed as a high performace machine. That's what it still is regardless of current market value.

It's nice to find long term reliability. But that is not what they were engineered for unlike Hondas, Yami or Zukis. These are nice quads, but they were designed for mass sales and reliabilty over performance. That may be changing, but only time will tell.

This is how I understood him.

cdaledave89

None for me!

#22 Post by cdaledave89 »

The only problem I had was the valve cover. I put the stud update and motor mount kits on but have done nothing else. Probably close to 100 hours and it's still running fine.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#23 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

No motor problems here either and it has over 100 hours on it. The only problem I have had since I bought it in November of 2003 was that the clutch cable broke. Got a new one from ATK and have never had anther problem. (knock on wood)

Baart

#24 Post by Baart »

I have had no problems yet, though I only rode it 6 times last year and once this year. I plan on riding it a whole lot more in the near future, I just need to stop sucking up so much overtime at work. I work 4 12 hour days then have four off. I oftem work 6 days a week though, and almost always work at least 5 days. So if I would just work my schedule I could have plenty of time to ride.

USAMoto00

#25 Post by USAMoto00 »

Out of the ones around here that I know of, 7 have been trouble free, 3 with small problems, and 1 demon spawn gremlin.:deal:

jfarrar

#26 Post by jfarrar »

ok ok i'll admit i have had a few probs mostly with aftermarket engine products.but all in all if you seen the way i pound my engines you would be amazed they even stay together at all.i can break any motor.lol.:usa

wanablaze

#27 Post by wanablaze »

"Also crossing his fingers"--Late '03 moto with no updates....

Not sure how many hours, but the tires are flat on the sides between the knobs (original tires).

I try to take good care of it....I think I spend too much time cleaning and polishing it....(better than working on it.)

NO ENGINE PROBLEMS YET!:usa

Mjollnir

#28 Post by Mjollnir »

02 and 03 cannibals, not problems on either. Can't vote twice though!

drbowtie

#29 Post by drbowtie »

I'm going on 16 months of ownership. I can't even begin to tell you how many hours. (No hour meter) But, last year I probably rode it 12 to 14 times and this year it's been out probably 5 times. I thought I had an engine pinging noise once but it was just a lose chain rattling on the aftermarket swing arm skid plate. I do service it more than I probably should. I'll bet the oils been changed 10 times. Always Mobil one and always bellray in the transmission. Three cans of chain wax devoted to the chain and tons of grease on front tie rods.

Yesterday I stopped into the old local C-Dale shop to get some oil and they asked, "Still riding the Cannondale?" I said Yes!

They looked at me like I had three heads and could not believe it had not blown up yet. I don't know. Care for em, drive-em...

I do know that most of the last few machines that were built had all the issues addressed and they seem to be holding up fine.:usa

OneSweetM3

#30 Post by OneSweetM3 »

Early '03 Speed. No problems for me. Knock on wood. I have not even done the stud update or stage 8. I change the fluids about every five hours and check the tranny bolts every other oil change. I would figure I have goin' on 50 hours now.