Ivan the Terrible

Cdale_racer_669

#21 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i was watching the news and they were making a big ole deal about 60 MPH winds somewhere. we get 80+ MPH winds on the praire here sad.gif but i guess we dont get inches of rain with it

Cdale_racer_669

#22 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

they arent all that much of big bursts, i guess a couple hours bursts. but not like blowing kind hard then WHAM, then kinda hard then WHAM. it is pretty consistent out here. i live in the country so the dust is worse than any hurricane!! biggrin.gif ok..well maybe not. good to hear everyone is doing ok so far!:usa

Ryanstones

#23 Post by Ryanstones »

Ivan came ashore 20 miles from the house at 130 MPH sustained. Gusts to 160? Thats not just a wind. 100+ MPH blew at our house for 2 hours. We feeling pretty lucky.

We live about 1 mile from the gulf, on a peninsula. It's really BAD down there. We're heading back tomorrow, send ICE!

lotta pics

thomez

#24 Post by thomez »

Hope your stuff made it! sad.gif

bknight

#25 Post by bknight »

all ok

CDaleChick

#26 Post by CDaleChick »

looks like Ivan is going to try to rain out the championship race for us, which I don't have a problem with so my injuries have more time to heal! I live about 30 min from the coast so looks like I'll be getting some winds and rain at the house

thomez

#27 Post by thomez »

Ummm... Ivan has been gone for a week :confused:

haydug

#28 Post by haydug »

Hey Ryan, How you doing down there?? Anything you need, please let us know.

kdeal

#29 Post by kdeal »

As of this morning gang.....IVAN is back as a Tropical Storm. But it's going to Texas this time.......

To be continued........................

IVAN, I got something for ya...... :w:

NRath

#30 Post by NRath »

'Stones is back at home. He's been working on clearing out his yard and cleaning up debris. The tree man is supposed to be coming today to cut the tree off the house and clean up some of the other big stuff. Overall, he made out like a bandit. Minimal damage and no water in the house. Even better for him----> the power came back on last night! That's hard to believe. His phone line never got cut off. But the cable did, so he's hunting for a dial-up service now, I think.

Bird-Dog- He lives in Perdido. If your boss' place was on the key, my guess is it's damaged. There are tons of pics of it. It's hard to believe we aren't hearing more about the devastation there, it's huge. Unbelievable. And not even mentioned in the news. Schools are expected to be closed for weeks. Most were damaged. Gotta' feel for those people! There are many pics here .

There's a prev/next pick at the top right when each pic opens. Each one has multiple pics in it. The pics on top are most recent- today or yesterday. The worst ones are in the center of the gallery.