Toasted Cannondale

jfarrar

#21 Post by jfarrar »

i hope everything works out ok for tyler that is a nasty way for a quad to go.i guy i know had his quad at work when the building burned and we had to ram into it with the forklift to get it unstuck from the floor.lmao.there was one at lorretta's last year that caught fire to.but was put out quickly and out for the next moto.did tyler suffer any burns from this?

JeffQuadShop

#22 Post by JeffQuadShop »

No, he's fine. He jumped off when he felt his legs getting warm.

haydug

#23 Post by haydug »

Jeff, call me tomorrow, or I'll get ahold of you. I have a frame/stem/arms/harness/tank/and some more parts that Cannonaleriders will donate to Tyler. Let me know where to send it, I know it's not much, but something is better than nothing.

omegas

#24 Post by omegas »

Originally posted by ronnoc47
I'm guessing that his fuel line came off where it connects to the injectors. It happened to me yesterday and before I knew it I had about two gallons of fuel shooting out of the line from the fuel pump all over the front of the motor. I thought for sure it was going to catch on fire. I was lucky!
Sorry to hear about Tyler's quad. Hope that this dosen't discourage him from getting another ATK/Dale.

Terry
03 MOTO

Had a similar problem. The fuel hose ruptured while I was riding. The only thing that let me know this was happening was my back tire getting real loose in the corners. This was on my motard BTW.

Rx440

#25 Post by Rx440 »

:eek: OMG, I heard that Tyler's CDale had caught on fire, but I had NO IDEA it was this bad. Think I'm gonna donate the cash I would have spent if I had been able to race the District 17 HS I had planned to race today........

Exodus

#26 Post by Exodus »

OMG, That is horrible, geez. Never heard of a Dale burning up, guess I better put that on my "things to keep an eye out for" list.

That was pretty cool what you did haydug, that deserves a "Thataboy". If I had any parts I didnt need I'd through some that way to. Hope everything goes better in the future for him, of course it will be hard to top that.

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats terrible!We were just talking about what a wicked fire all the Magnesium in the motor would make.Once that stuff gets burning it is really tough to put out.Water makes it worse.

DangerRanger

#28 Post by DangerRanger »

That makes me sick to the stomach...I can't imagine watching my quad burn.

I sponsored Tyler with a wiring harness update...which obviously was not fireproof. Tyler helped me by promoting the idea along with his dad Tim. I will donate a new harness for his new ride and some $$ from the harnesses that are sold. Tyler is a great kid....and EXTREMELY fast. I think the wind friction from speed caught it on fire.

BMW

Freakystone

#29 Post by Freakystone »

That is one tough ster stem.

Jaybr

#30 Post by Jaybr »

I heard today that what happened was his fuel line ruptured and started the fire, and when the bike shut off when he bailed the fuel pump kept running feeding the fire.

Is that supposed to happen?