Torque??

jacobw

#21 Post by jacobw »

HayDoug if you were to run the falicon crank with the stock or big bore piston and the stock 14/42 cannibal grearing what advice on what mapping would you run and gearing for a cross country setup? I am thinking about doing this to my qaud and am seeking advice? Can you bog it more and run it a gear higher than normal?

haydug

#22 Post by haydug »

This crank with a completely stock engine will be hard to tell. Honestly, if you only add a 450 kit, it makes a noticeable difference, mostly in midrange, but it does make a difference pulling up the faces of jumps, coming out of corners a gear taller, or lugging it in the woods yes, so I'm guessing the crank would have a sililiar effect. After experiementing with maps, I will have a better handle on it.
On a side not, Beau rode the bike today 1 1/2 tanks of gas, and when he dropped it back off he said "well, I can't break it" which is saying something for him.

USAMoto00

#23 Post by USAMoto00 »

In your opinion, what would be more beneficial for the 450cc's? A Falicon crank and stock displacement, or a 450 kit with a massaged head? I'm looking at freshening mine up and want the best setup that I can get.:usa

Happyboy

#24 Post by Happyboy »

my big question is which will pull harder...stock with falicon or stock with 450 kit.

USAMoto00

#25 Post by USAMoto00 »

Did I say that? lol:w: smile.gif

Happyboy

#26 Post by Happyboy »

lol, just breaking it down for them. tongue.gif

protraxrptr17

#27 Post by protraxrptr17 »

Sounds good. I'm liking the talk of arm pulling torque. That'll make it easier to switch over from the Raptor. I tried to ride my brothers YFZ a few times and was very dissappointed in the low end torque. Couldn't ride it worth a dang. Seems like this setup is going to have a similar power curve as my Raptor. I'm in the habit of going into curves a gear high and lugging a little. Monster low end is what I'm after. Hope ya'll work up a map for that. Can't wait for more info on this. Good report.

Psychosis

#28 Post by Psychosis »

I'll be on the list for one of these cranks when one goes up. :cool: Really am starting to get impressed here. If money flows right which might not be easy I'll be getting every mod available for it from the head to 460 to Falicon.

BTW Haydug: I ended up having to work and didn't get to call you today, hopefully will tomorrow afternoon so expect a call about some engine questions.