cannibal reliablity?

TheJaspMan

#21 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by scooter-crusher
JaspMan, i notice you have an 03 cannibal in your signature, you like it I asumme? Have you replaced your A-arms and/or shocks? If so what shocks are you running?

Enough to buy more than one.

I run stock shocks. I had +3 ASR arms. But I run GNCC so I like the stock width.

For my wifes MX quad we just worked out a deal on +3 Housers with TCS shocks.

You would be amazed what the completly stock setup can provide to you.

scooter-crusher

#22 Post by scooter-crusher »

cool, my thing is that because of injuries I cannot race mx anymore, at the most I will be racing a few Harescrambles, so i would hope that the stockers on the front would be ok, what do you think? i won`t be jumping over 8 ft unless it is accidental..ouch.

Happyboy

#23 Post by Happyboy »

If you are looking at harescrambles then those rear wheels gots to go. You will spend all day in 3rd and 4th. What kind of money is he talking? From the looks of it maybe ~3000-3500. Because of the arms and rear wheels.

I would turn it on its right side and look at the oil filter. Look for brass colored flakes in the filter. If you see any then the crank bearing is going bad.

scooter-crusher

#24 Post by scooter-crusher »

basically i am getting it for $2800.00, it has a wide axle too, i will look at the filter, yuo are sayong turn it on its side and take the oil filter off, look inside for barss shavings? making sure i got this right, do you know how hard it is to get low-end paerts for these bikes?

guys, i appreciate all the input, thanks alot, keep er comin, i`m learning something here....:head:

TheJaspMan

#25 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by scooter-crusher
basically i am getting it for $2800.00, it has a wide axle too, i will look at the filter, yuo are sayong turn it on its side and take the oil filter off, look inside for barss shavings? making sure i got this right, do you know how hard it is to get low-end paerts for these bikes?

guys, i appreciate all the input, thanks alot, keep er comin, i`m learning something here....:head:

$2800? Jump all over it. For that price you can't really go too wrong if you are willing to put a little back into it if the engine flakes.

Happyboy

#26 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
$2800? Jump all over it. For that price you can't really go too wrong.

Unless the crank is toast. Yeah, the oil filter is on the bottom left side of the motor. Its a little round cover plate. Just turn the bike onto its right side and inspect the filter. Don't worry about the tranny oil, its always nasty, even if you just changed it. And don't forget the biggest thing to do when looking at it. Hop on it and give it freaking he1l! I know it may sound a little bad to do but if you are going to buy it you want to be darned sure there isn't anything wrong with it when you test it out. Hit the rev limitter for just a second and be sure there isn't anything physically wrong with the bike.

If it is good then pay that guy some cash and welcome to the club.

TheJaspMan

#27 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Happyboy
Unless the crank is toast. Yeah, the oil filter is on the bottom left side of the motor. Its a little round cover plate. Just turn the bike onto its right side and inspect the filter. Don't worry about the tranny oil, its always nasty, even if you just changed it. And don't forget the biggest thing to do when looking at it. Hop on it and give it freaking he1l! I know it may sound a little bad to do but if you are going to buy it you want to be darned sure there isn't anything wrong with it when you test it out. Hit the rev limitter for just a second and be sure there isn't anything physically wrong with the bike.

If it is good then pay that guy some cash and welcome to the club.

Happy, you are too quick. I had to edit my statement and you caught me with me keys down! tongue.gif

Happyboy

#28 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
Happy, you are too quick.

Yeah, I hear that from my wife all the time.....Err..I still don't know what she means by it though.. :confused:

TheJaspMan

#29 Post by TheJaspMan »

scooter-crusher

#30 Post by scooter-crusher »

cool, i`lll check out the filter issue, and i know the price is right for sure, sounds to me like i am in "The Club" because i am sure the bike is legit, the guy is straight up. who is in the st louis area and is down for some riding sometime soon? i usually like to hit St. Joe park during the winter months because the "sand" is all wet and hard packed, lots of fun, on a dirt bike anyway, never been on 4 wheels.