where dinli is headed

aroracer72

#21 Post by aroracer72 »

are you guys talking about stop running the oil through the frame completely???......thats not a good idea........would be kinda bad. Now...install a oil cooler extra to the frame and motor capacity.......is the way to go. (not shure if this is what you guys are suggesting........) I know your talking about adding a cooler, but whether you said to or not already...dont stop running oil through the frame. The engine was designed to work with the frame bars to flow.....so there for it will more likely make it worse then make it better. Just simply install an oil cooler on the motor output line and have it connect onto the line that gos into the frame/motor. will add cooling and capacity....and to calculate the oil level for this.....jsut simply add the capacity of the extra length of line and oil cooler to the already stated regular oil capacity level. Ive been trying to think of perfmormance mods and what not for these dales...and i cant bilieve i overlooked this simple but affective idea. Koodos for thinking of it!!!...good job
CHAD

aroracer72

#22 Post by aroracer72 »

but i kinda of thought of a similar idea...but for a different purpose. Instead of running an oil cooler in addition to the frame........stop the frame from having any oil in it........and install a decent size oil cooler for the oil. Then.....clean out the frame spars with cleaner/etc and run coolant for the radiator through it. Same idea....different purpose...lol. This is only for like highly modified motors or duners. Or desert racers for that matter. I know it sounds kinda crazy....it is.....but engine heat and coolant overheating turns into oil loss and burn off...not to mention engine wear. This would almost eliminate overheating and high temp's in our dale under extreme conditions. And as for the batter being moved in front of the stem......all of us should do this anyways......equals more room in front of the motor for what ever.
CHAD

cdalemx301

#23 Post by cdalemx301 »

What are the benifits of moving the battery in front of the stem? if any. How difficult is it and do you need longer cables or are the existing long enough

TheJaspMan

#24 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by aroracer72
are you guys talking about stop running the oil through the frame completely???......thats not a good idea........would be kinda bad. Now...install a oil cooler extra to the frame and motor capacity.......is the way to go. (not shure if this is what you guys are suggesting........) I know your talking about adding a cooler, but whether you said to or not already...dont stop running oil through the frame. The engine was designed to work with the frame bars to flow.....so there for it will more likely make it worse then make it better. Just simply install an oil cooler on the motor output line and have it connect onto the line that gos into the frame/motor. will add cooling and capacity....and to calculate the oil level for this.....jsut simply add the capacity of the extra length of line and oil cooler to the already stated regular oil capacity level. Ive been trying to think of perfmormance mods and what not for these dales...and i cant bilieve i overlooked this simple but affective idea. Koodos for thinking of it!!!...good job
CHAD

I don't really think it would matter where the oil was stored or was pumped to/from. I am actually wondering if it would be a more free flowing system from a tank rather than trying to pump oil back up above the engine into the frame spars.

As for cooling, I really think the radiator would be more efficeint if it was fed from one side and the return was on the other. Right now I wonder if it cools as good as it should.

Exodus

#25 Post by Exodus »

I guess to explain the idea further, keep the oil in the spars and use an oil cooler to initially take the heat out of the oil, then send it to the spars. That is what I was talking about, above all else keep cooler oil in the motor. I do like the idea of angling the radiator so its not tipping back, with a straighter airflow, you should increase cooling, the way it is, it seems that you are wasting a good share of the air that goes by it. Moving the battery may make enough room so you can bring the radiator down and tip it vertically so it will get more air, as a sideaffect you would clear a lot of room behind the radiator that is now cluttered with wires and such.

aroracer72

#26 Post by aroracer72 »

JaspMan

For a aggressive/advanced ride....under a little more harsher then normal conditions.......NO four stroke cools as good as it should....well...any quad for that matter. For trail riders......or for backyard warriors.......this really wont make a difference and wont really help. But for duners......desert racers....MXers in hot temperatures..this extra coolant will help dramatically........and also woods racers..when they get their radiators all clogged up with mud......the extra coolant jsut might allow them to finish without overheating and DNF'ing. Im a revver......i rev the crap out of my quads/bikes.....and i always worry about my vehicle temp. Especially on high speed trails...mx tracks...and ESPECIALLY the dunes. Its bad for our expensive toys..and this added coolant jsut might make it so our dales will run the same temp as a normal dale would run jsut putting around on trails. This would be awesome......well at least i think soo. And when you have a ICE race...or cold day.....jsut simply put your old coolant hoses back on and block off/drain the extra spar coolant. If someone on this site tries the oil tank thing.....i sjut might do this coolant idea and straighten my radiator up and all that jazz. Just think.....a 4 stroke that runs normal temps after a 15 minute or more solid 95 degree dune run!!.......i think that would be jsut awesome.smile.gif
CHAD

P.S
another idea for the extra space in front of motor if you move the battery............could put another radiator there for extra cooling and coolant capacity smile.gif .......not nessecarily a dale rad.......prolly a smaller one...but an extra one.

TheJaspMan

#27 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by aroracer72

P.S
another idea for the extra space in front of motor if you move the battery............could put another radiator there for extra cooling and coolant capacity smile.gif .......not nessecarily a dale rad.......prolly a smaller one...but an extra one.

I have thought that too. If you could keep the bubles out of it, this idea would work.

I am going to work on some of these projects next month before the next GNCC season. Mud looks like the worst enemy, so I am going to attack it at that angle.

claas900

#28 Post by claas900 »

...I thought the abbots quad had an oil cooler on it?..Maybe do something like Randy did?.

superfly

abbotts

#29 Post by superfly »

heres a link to abbotts tt quadabbotts tt quad thread

TheJaspMan

#30 Post by TheJaspMan »

Maybe I am missing it. But I do not see an external oil cooler. :confused: