FUEL DELIVERY PROBLEM??

scooter-crusher

#21 Post by scooter-crusher »

so haydug, you can get me a d&m kit for $305.00 and that is the shipped price? sounds like i might need it, but i have to try a couple things first like simply adjusting the idle and cleaning that screen in the tank.

Derno24

#22 Post by Derno24 »

Scooter the nice part is that once you have the kit you can also switch mapping in the quad. Basically cater the quad to your preference. With all the maps out there now you will definitely be able to find one for you!

speed2424

#23 Post by speed2424 »

Cannibaljim was having the same problem this weekend. I asked him to come post some of his findings here.smile.gif

cannibaljim

#24 Post by cannibaljim »

I was having similar problems with my quad. It would be running and it would stumble or just die but it would start back up at the same time it would stumble the orange status light would come on. It gave a fuel pump open fault. I tried three different fuel pumps they all did the same thing. Next I tried a different ECU but the fuel pump driver in it had failed but in the run position so the pump ran all the time even with the key off. With this ECU the quad ran good with no stumble. So I tried a 3rd ECU this one it would idle fine but when you were riding along it would just die and you would pop the clutch it would start back up and no fault codes. Put the 4th ECU in it and it runs fine. All the fuel pumps are ok. I would check the fuel pump and make sure it is running continues and go from there.

scooter-crusher

#25 Post by scooter-crusher »

thanks for the advice, last night i changed the sark plug, cleaned the air filter and changed the oils, i just wanted to rule out the simple things, bike still runs and then abruptly dies, so would anyine suggest a fuel pump? i can see the filter get empty then it dies, it rund like a striped ape until the fuel pressure drops off.

haydug, what do you think?

Derno24

#26 Post by Derno24 »

Jim: when you are switching your ecu's are you moving all your settings over or are you starting from scratch? I have another idea, but I am waiting to hear some input from you before I post it.

I am curious to see if all the settings are the same and not any different or if you are redoing anything (changing settings) from switch to switch.

MX Quad Dad

#27 Post by MX Quad Dad »

scooter; Have you checked fuel lines for kinks or I have heard of some colapsing. From what I was told there is a small O-ring inside of the quick-connects and if they swell they stop the flow

cannibaljim

#28 Post by cannibaljim »

Yes running same hex 4k and all the same settings.

cannibaljim

#29 Post by cannibaljim »

on the last one I did recalibrate the throttle settings

scooter-crusher

#30 Post by scooter-crusher »

Originally posted by MX Quad Dad
scooter; Have you checked fuel lines for kinks or I have heard of some colapsing. From what I was told there is a small O-ring inside of the quick-connects and if they swell they stop the flow

yes, my next step is to throw away the quick connects and use some hose clamp style fittings, i am also going to change the fuel pump.