**** of a Deal!!!

Exodus

#21 Post by Exodus »

I called Cycra today to ask about shipping. I talked to a fella who said they are swimming in plastic. They are all red, and I ended up buying two sets for 60 bucks. The shipping is pricey, $80, but he said he could get three sets in a box, so if you buy one, buy three, its worth it then. I did ask him if they were considering making another run of plastic. He said they would, but it would be a bit pricey as well. He said if I wanted to buy a 100 sets, then they could do a run. Well, since I'm not made of money, I didnt persue it any further. What do you guys think, anybody for any color plastic? LOL

theJeStEr1340

#22 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I only need a set of rears. $100 is too steep fo me...

KYmxracer52

#23 Post by KYmxracer52 »

If they would just reproduce the gray plastic I would be happy. otherwise, I may go to Fullbore or the 250R conversion. I like red, but I don't think I want it on my Dale.

TheJaspMan

#24 Post by TheJaspMan »

You know I was reading some of these posts. And although it makes no diffrence to me, I find it surprising that people think $120 is too high for plastic. There is not another quad out there that you could get for that much shipped. Especially plastic that will no longer be produced.

A 250r kit is a good solution. But everyone needs to understand that at a minimum it's a $700 investment. You could get 6 sets of red for that price. SHIPPED.

Another color would be very nice I agree. But even if someone molds a new color or set (as nickg hints towards) do you really think it's going to be for $40 a set plus shipping? No way! Try $200+ and then shipping added on. No one is going to commit to producing more than they have a need for. And we have all read how much of a commitment Cycra is asking for. It's more money than any smart person would want to invest without a secured sales base.

Just my observation.

nickg

#25 Post by nickg »

most cdalers are used to paying little or nothing for parts....wait a year when they are all gone....i have plenty of plastic for that. thats why i buy any part i think my go...in multiples...i have tecates and tigers, beleuve me it comes in handy to be a pack ratf

Happyboy

#26 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by nickg
most cdalers are used to paying little or nothing for parts....

Scratch that, many of them are cheap/

Guys, $120 for a set of plastic is cheap. And if you have some more cash you can get multiple sets for same shipping. $80 per set of plastic delivered is dirt freaking cheap. Just find another daler that is somewhat close to you and go in on the order. That is what I am doing, stuff as many into the box as possible and send it to me. smile.gif

KYmxracer52

#27 Post by KYmxracer52 »

$40 + shipping is very cheap. Worst part is it only comes in one color......but that is also the new ATK color. I just like being unique and having something different. The 250R kit is a very expensive setup like Jaspman said, but once you have it, you can purchase new or used plastic in any color you want. It's a lot more versatile that way. But on the other hand, when you want to hit the trails, your gas mileage is hacked.

jesshamner

#28 Post by jesshamner »

I don't like red much either but I may just have to get some b/c its so cheap. I can get a silver front but I need the rear. I may just decidee to forget trying to be different and get the red.

TheJaspMan

#29 Post by TheJaspMan »

Man, I love red with black!

But for $40 I'll just paint it to have a diffrent color!!! :eek:

KYmxracer52

#30 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I guess a person can just drive up to Hebron and pick the plastic up from Cycra right?