Dinli the joke we all thought it was?????

jcv440

#21 Post by jcv440 »

Originally posted by theJeStEr1340

One thing not to bash ATK, but how long did it take for cannondale engines to start popping up with problems?

It all depended on the assembly, and the parts used. If you have all the updates done, a good crank, and a good piston and sleeve kit, your good to go until you get the normal loss of power or engine oil blow by.

Some motors barely made it to 3hrs, some have over 300hrs. I know my old 02 had a buttload of hrs on it, and they weren't good hrs either. Never had a problem with it. That was a year of XC racing, 5 national MX races, and 3 days a week of constant race practice. So she was pretty much bullet proof.

MX Quad Dad

#22 Post by MX Quad Dad »

[i]One thing not to bash ATK, but how long did it take for cannondale engines to start popping up with problems? [/B]

I have one of the first Motos. It has cast case the good crank, at Lorreta Lynns in 02 a racer parked next to us had a Moto(I can't remember exsactly when he said he got it but am real sure it was around march or april. He told me after a coulple hours it gernaded I remember he said a bolt came loose and at the time I didn't give it much thought. He also told me Cannondale gave him a new engine. My guess would be some time between mine and his they switched the cranks, and it didn't take long for the problem to surface.

cannondale27

#23 Post by cannondale27 »

I would say most of the motors lasted almost a entire season before any major problems.In the begining there was a couple issues that showed up within weeks.Like the first clutches and balljoints.
I still think that Dinli is waiting for usATK to get everything squared away and proven and then they will come out with something with Utility tires.Then again they said they were making a mini double a-arm quad and they still didnt do that even though the minis are their bread and butter.We need to remember who has helped and supported us all along.I cant think of one single part or piece of advice that Dinli has come up with ever.Dinli could have helped us alot with new parts and good engineering advice even if it was just a list of problems/reasons they found to not go forward with their project.Instead they made things more difficult for everyone including ATK(patent rumors,Optimum,false claims).Seems like good reasons too me to hold a grudge or even convince others to not buy ANY Dinli.So it is either a new ATK or fix or build your own with parts from all the real supporters.

Exodus

#24 Post by Exodus »

"ATK could care less what Dinli produces! A serious racer or trail rider will know which one will be the quality machine. " Jeff@Quadshop

Your right Jeff, any SERIOUS rider would, but can you estimate how many would acually spend the money for one. Yeah, I would, and you would, but how many other racers/riders would make that decision? My point being, ATK has a lot of shoes to fill with the Cannondale, why would you or any other Cannondale fan hope for a company to biuld a cheap knock off of what we have fought so hard to keep alive. Let Dinli die in a pile of paper, at least with them out of the picture, ATK has a better chance to keep what we love so much. And that my friend IS the Cannondale/ATK.

MX Quad Dad

#25 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I don't see how you can call them a cheap knock off. Differant engine, plastic and a steel frame. I guess they do have the (legal?) right to use the term "Cannondale technoligy":( (I cringe every time I type that on a Dinli thread) even though there is no aparent Cannondale Technolgy in there quad. And I suppose a lot of suckers will fall for it.

Exodus

#26 Post by Exodus »

Thats my point, they have the right to call it Cannondale tech. AHHHH, it just urks me when somebody talks about Cannondales and dinili. God I even cringe when I use them in the same sentence. Thats like yugo making Ferrari's. It just turns the world upside down. Sorry I blew up.

I havent seen any pics of the new dinili's, but the one I did see was the dealer show version that was basically a dale with mud tires and the zip tied plastic. I thought they were still trying to use real Cannondale tech. Sorry I blew up.