Non Factory Update List

Derno24

#21 Post by Derno24 »

Ok that is where I jumped the gun. It is a stock crank balanced by Falicon. Which they quickly switched to a different vendor once they knew what to do. I assumed you meant one of the new Falicon cranks built from the ground up. Sorry my bad.

iceracer17

#22 Post by iceracer17 »

I just mentioned that because i have not heard of any of those going bad.

azcannon

when was this

#23 Post by azcannon »

Originally posted by iceracer17
I just mentioned that because i have not heard of any of those going bad.

I would be pretty surprised if the crank went by itself after falicon worked on it, what are the details?

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

Simple.Stock rod bearing was in there yet.Falicon I assume only does what they are told.Balance the crank.

I am a firm believer that alot of the Cannondales still out there with original parts are that way due to good maintenance. We should just be preaching that like we used to.

Only people who preached that were the ones crying when there crankplatebolts fell out.The vast majority of absolutely stock cannondales left out there that are still running do most of their running in a backyard or in a garage to show it off.Anyone who denys the fact that a Cannondale motor must be dissassembled and reassembled correctly in the very least needs to spend some time with the search button for a bit of a refresher.Do the list and thank the folks who told you too whenever.That is my advice.

Derno24

#25 Post by Derno24 »

Come on 27. You really think we make up the majority of the Cannondales still out there? I don't I know way to many people still with Dales that have never visited any web site. We are the minority here.

Sandstorm

#26 Post by Sandstorm »

Chris Workmans motor "could" of had a positive outcome. He chose not to send it to ATK to see what went wrong so he was on his own at that point.. I have talked w/ a person at ATK about this motor myself. Though the person didn't say if they would of paid for it, it could possibly of had a "favorable outcome" depending on what they found inside.

I am not defending ATK cranks. They will wear. My 100hr motor showed wear.. Maybe at a slower rate, but they will wear. I am proof of that and have no problem speaking out for what is or isn't right.. I now have a Z400 bearing, because I saw for myself first hand ATK hasn't fixed this issue.. Nobody knows for sure if the Z400 bearing is the fix, but I am willing to try like others are.. I can't swallow another 950 for a Falicon crank right now..

Mjollnir

#27 Post by Mjollnir »

My '02 and '03 are both running. Both have motor mounts and coolant. One has epoxyed valve cover, one has Evans.

That's it. Never had a single problem with either. :drink: Not that I'm not planning on doing the full monty on both of them someday soon...

Marc

cannondale27

#28 Post by cannondale27 »

Well then I guess I must have neglected changing oil or was on the throttle too much since mine failed and others didnt?Must have been something I did to have 3 failures in 3 years?Give me a break!Yes I raced it at a C level!That is nothing!That is the reason factories use PRO racers to test because **** happens alot faster than the average person has happen.Only difference with Cannondale is the public was the testers of the quads.How long does it take for the Japs to test their quads?3 years average!Neither Cannondale or ANYONE now has this amount of time in testing any one fix.But as a whole we now do have three years of testing and the list plus some is what has come up.This is all old news and has been said so many times people will hear what they want to hear I guess so really no point in me saying it over and over again.Maybe its time for some of us to step away for awhile.Getting sick of the attitude lately.I wish I were wrong about my beliefs but I am thinking that for those who dont listen a race or a ride being missed in their future is a very good possibility unless of course they just dont ride it.

cannondale27

#29 Post by cannondale27 »

Sandstorm the crank Iceracer is talking about was not Chris Workmans.Nothing can be determined by one or two crank failures anyway.But it is still real early in that aspect also.

haydug

#30 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by iceracer17
Why can't it be? This is what i was told by Atk's parts people.

I was told by ATK when i purchased the crank(probably one of the first they offered back in oct. or nov. that it was "balanced" by falicon.If that's not the case then i was misled by ATK.
Hmmmm

ATK did have falicon balance the first batch of cranks for them, but they chose another route and went to a local shop for a less expensive route from then on. Unless you got a very early crank from them, it was probably done by someone in Utah or surrounding area.