The 6hr Falicon 468cc quad

Derno24

#21 Post by Derno24 »

You don't know the dimensions do you? Also was it a double row? I am going this direction.

iceracer17

#22 Post by iceracer17 »

Yeah it was wide maybe 3"thick.Just thinking, it may not have enough clearance if mounted in stock spot for the injectors.If you need dimensions i can get some off a friends quad otherwise get ahold of gt.I think it was like $4-500 though.

Derno24

#23 Post by Derno24 »

If you could get me the dimensions that would be awesome.

cannibalq8

#24 Post by cannibalq8 »

Great News Derno :clap: :clap: :head: :head:

I think all the community should get at least HDC/Falicon Stroker Crank .. one time deal .. To get RELIBILTY AND POWER.

THIS YEAR THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER!!!!

Thanx to Doug and Jaybr :clap:

cdrookie

#25 Post by cdrookie »

PWR makes a nice rad for the 250r, $380 is as cheap as i've seen it though. i'll get some measurements and see how close the r and dale rads are. but mud clogging the rad is, IMO, the real problem. all the slop from the front wheels goes right onto the rad. you know that Randy uses the screen and hasn't had any trouble, but it didn't work for me. what did work was using cardboard to go from the rad shroud to the frame, behind the shock and up to the front of the machine. ghetto as ****, but works. air still gets to the rad. and the fan can still pull air through since the fins aren't packed with mud. could even go with a larger 8" "pusher" fan mounted infront of the rad(summit racing DER-16508). toggle switch it with a water temp gauge and it'd be gold.

kdeal

#26 Post by kdeal »

I like it. Keep the cooling ideas coming. I was going to start a thread asking for suggestions on additional cooling, as I thought this was somewhat of an issue with the Dales. But, cdrookie is right, we need to find a way to keep the mud off the radiator first. I like the oil cooler idea. That is one of the few areas that have not been addressed on the Dale.

jacobw

#27 Post by jacobw »

wouldnt a front number plate eliminate alotta mud on the radiator in muddy conditions and if you have the side rad shields that bend outward to catch more air I wouldnt think you would have a problem someone correct me if I am wrong

HouserCannondale

#28 Post by HouserCannondale »

Originally posted by cdrookie
PWR makes a nice rad for the 250r, $380 is as cheap as i've seen it though. i'll get some measurements and see how close the r and dale rads are. but mud clogging the rad is, IMO, the real problem. all the slop from the front wheels goes right onto the rad. you know that Randy uses the screen and hasn't had any trouble, but it didn't work for me. what did work was using cardboard to go from the rad shroud to the frame, behind the shock and up to the front of the machine. ghetto as ****, but works. air still gets to the rad. and the fan can still pull air through since the fins aren't packed with mud. could even go with a larger 8" "pusher" fan mounted infront of the rad(summit racing DER-16508). toggle switch it with a water temp gauge and it'd be gold.

the big pusher fan is a good idea. the radiator its self is not the cooling problem, simply airflow and being restricted so much by mud. another idea would may be to elemiate airflow almost completely with some sort of an air dam and use just a fan for airflow. cooling would rely on just a fan, but it would work much better than the radiator just getting blasted with mud, because if it is covered with mud no matter how fast you go, or how big your fan is, the radiator is not going to get rid of heat. same thing goes for an oil cooler.

cannondale27

#29 Post by cannondale27 »

In my opinion number one cause of overheating or percieved overheating(coolant coming out of bottle)these caps come loose when the plastic bottle gets hot.There were a lot of overheating rumors/cases about two or more years ago.This was suggested and problems never really surfaced again till now.Note the hoseclamp.

cannondale27

#30 Post by cannondale27 »

Here is a great post from the experts.Kind of conflicting views though!

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...ng&pagenumber=1