Parts FAQ

4strokemadman

#21 Post by 4strokemadman »

The "red" and "green" liners (if my memory serves me correct) were for matching liners with pistons. This was done to minimize blowby. When we went to the Asso piston this was not needed as that piston's thermal expansion followed the liner more closly than the Wiseco. Bottom line we could run less clearance with the Asso piston. The "red" and "green" liners were the ones made from extrusion and should be stronger than the ones with a drill mark. There could have been some overlap. For example there could be some liners with the drill mark that were made from extrusion.

fx25

parts

#22 Post by fx25 »

Camshaft bearings Consolidated#61805{large one]
Consolidated#RNA-4901[small one]

4strokemadman

#23 Post by 4strokemadman »

The airbox acts as a plenum. You need a lot more volume than you would think when transitioning from no throttle to full throtle under load. This plenum helps when transitioning from part throttle to full throttle acceleration. Once your above 7,000 RPM the engine just wants air and doesn't care how it gets it. For full throttle conditions having more airflow helps, but you usually sacrifice low end ridability. The percentage of time you are at full throttle is very low so it's better to look at the 6-9,000 rpm range. The throttle body mods help over the whole curve for some reason though even with the same airbox.

Dale512

Injectors?

#24 Post by Dale512 »

Can anything be gained by polishing the fuel injectors? I believe they do this in some cars.

cannondale27

Stator

#25 Post by cannondale27 »

OEM Stator this is where you can get em.
http://www.electrexusa.com/

claas900

#26 Post by claas900 »

.I have found also the fuel pump relay,if you need one right now,with out haveing to order it form GP..I got it form Not All Parts Available,or better know as N.A.P.A...lol..Part # is AR287 its a special relay cuzz it has a diaod built into it. Thanks

Big Winky

#27 Post by Big Winky »

Diamond Racing:
crankshaft rebuilding (better than stock)
swingarm bearing kits (better than stock)
steering stem bearing retainer (billet)
a-arms
steering stems
swingarms
engine work (stock and mod)

Pro400EXC

#28 Post by Pro400EXC »

Hey Guys,

I have heard diffrent things about the s/s oil filters..whats the skinny on them..They good or not?

Cause $60 for a yr or so is better than $10 a pop for paper ones....

Big Winky

#29 Post by Big Winky »

Don't use the cannondale stainless filter, the holes are too big, BUT the Scotts filter is an excellent item. very fine filtering ability.

OCR

#30 Post by OCR »

Originally posted by Big Winky
Don't use the cannondale stainless filter, the holes are too big, BUT the Scotts filter is an excellent item. very fine filtering ability.

What Stainless Filters are R&S Performance Selling? Its not Scotts but I dont think its the stock ones CDale was using.