The Halls Of Destruction

kdeal

#211 Post by kdeal »

C27,

Is that piston a WWE "special"? I was just talking to Wistech about that exact scenario the other night. Everyone was blaming wrist pin failures. I have stated since day one the previous issues were from too thin of a wrist pin boss (due to over massaging of the area to remove weight). They were not made that way, they were purposely ground down after manufacture. I guess the factory heat treat is out the window with that, huh?

cannondale27

#212 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats a Southbay its different than wwe.Agree with you though.

kdeal

#213 Post by kdeal »

I thought Wade worked there first? That piston looks like a copy then.......

timbomoose

#214 Post by timbomoose »

Piston was simular but different.The gap was huge between the rod so a special rod had to be made to take up the clearance to fill up the gap or would've been an instant wrist pin snapper.Piston was also heavier than other ones which might have also contributed to breaking.Piston was very simular to the wwe but there were other differences.I do believe that the wwe was probably an improved version of this one.Hopefully this will be the end of Patric's spell of bad luck and will be up and going again soon.

claas900

#215 Post by claas900 »

..Plz let it be the end..LOL...After this build it will be the last of my spare parts..lol..
I did take the head apart today,3 valves were bent sad.gif . I was just thinking how many times iv been into this motor,lost track after 5 times. It's sad really,but when a man loves something he loves it wink.gif..lol.
Tim will get me going again and we'll see what happens. O Tim and thanks for the sensor I got it yesterday,tho it was shiped on Dec 21. Tim one of theses days I'm going to fly out there and see whats up,then we'll see what that 495 is really made of biggrin.gif . I just hope the prices of flights go down.

timbomoose

#216 Post by timbomoose »

No,No Please Don't touch my quads your luck might just rub off on me!!!lol Just kidding.Welcome to ride them anytime.Had my share of mishaps early on the 1st couple years from dropped valves and know what your going through, but like you some reason just wanted to ride them more. Mine have been treating me good the past 2 years and hopefully the trend will continue.I think they have to test us to see if we're worthy to ride them.Lol.Maybe sometime we'll get to hook up at a group ride somewhere.

kdeal

#217 Post by kdeal »

Did someone say Group Ride? I'm getting antsy already.... Tenative plans for my two pilgramages up north are last weekend in May @ Speed2424's in Ohio & sometime the end of September or first week of October @ Majestic in PA. Mark your calanders boys!

wistech

#218 Post by wistech »

Heres an ATK balanced crank. Oops I think the press fit of the wieght was a little tight.

Thats the least of this cranks problem. Since it still has the stock ATK bearing it failed anyway. Which explains why its stuck in the upright position.

wistech

#219 Post by wistech »

Heres where the case cracked on the SAS . It goes ALL the way around . The only thing holding the case together was the sidecover. Except for oil spraying everywhere it still ran fine. blink.gif

wistech

#220 Post by wistech »

This pistons pretty beat. No oil to the wrist pin and siezed it to the rod. No big deal . It was a Wiseco piston.