The Halls Of Destruction

wanablaze

#251 Post by wanablaze »

Yes, Wistech powdercoated my caliper for me.

The quick story is that I slid sideways into a telephone pole. Not fun, and really disappointing to see the quad sitting there like that.

cdalerider75

#252 Post by cdalerider75 »

so you were on your quad.. or it was in the back of a truck?

wanablaze

#253 Post by wanablaze »

I was out riding the Saturday before Memorial day. Definitely ruined my holiday weekend.

wanablaze

#254 Post by wanablaze »

QUOTE (darkknight @ May 31 2008, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So here it is the pics of my second sugery. really got sliced and diced this time but should be back riding by mid august early sept. so i'll miss the mx season but there is always ice racing. 4 temp pins 1 permanent ti pin and many cool scars the look on faces when I say i'll race again= (priceless) or should that say 2 race quads and parts $15,000 1st sugery $10,500 2nd surgery $16,200 4 months healing and the looks I get when I talk about racing again = priceless laugh.gif

Wow! Hope you heal up well! At least you have the right attitude and can joke about it.

wanablaze

#255 Post by wanablaze »

I was on the quad, riding the Saturday night before Memorial day. I was riding through a sweeping corner in fifth gear trying to keep up with a buddy that was riding down the road. By the time I saw that I was getting close to the pole, it was too late. I applied the rear brakes, but the tires just locked up on the wet grass. I know I recited a few cuss words just before I hit. Definitely ruined my holiday weekend.

UpsMan

#256 Post by UpsMan »

Your swingarm bearings might need replaced....he he, otherwise I don't see anything wrong there that a hammer and some JB Weld won't fix.

wistech

#257 Post by wistech »

Wow you guys are taking destruction to a whole new level. Got a internal surgery pics so we can see the titanium?

2mike18

#258 Post by 2mike18 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Jun 4 2008, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow you guys are taking destruction to a whole new level. Got a internal surgery pics so we can see the titanium?

nope but i can work on getting a copy of the X-RAY if you would like to see it. I tried for a terminator replacement hand but my luck they were all out. lol laugh.gif

wistech

#259 Post by wistech »

Been kinda slow in the destruction world for me. I have not scattered an engine in anger in over a year. Well luckily ATK is still out there building grenades for us to enjoy. Heres a very low hour bike motor with the wonderfull WWE piston kit. Our new engine tech Christian did some the disassembly on the ebay engine to inspect the damage. He likes to get dirty . biggrin.gif As you can see the crank weld was smacking the piston and then the paper thin wrist pin snapped. Hopefully its not a total loss and the ripsaw bearing didnt wipe out the crank as well.

wistech

#260 Post by wistech »

Here is a lesson learned the hard way. We were desperate and installed the big bore duals on the 480 engine last winter with no time to get back to the dyno. Only ran a couple laps before melting the piston down. Should have settled for the 54 hp with the fmf pipe. Ill bet it was getting close to 60 for those last few minutes. A chunk fell down into the one way gear and locked up the engine. Hard to believe it had enough speed out on the straights to spin the engine long enough to do that much melting. Looks like the crank survived and the head. Just amazing. That poor cp .
On the bright side the big bore duals obviously like the bigger engines and show that they need much more fuel. This will also be the next project for the fall engine building class.