Supporting our Cannondale covergirl

jesshamner

#271 Post by jesshamner »

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php...t=Quad+Makeover Have a look at this thread.

Looks like PeeWee called her out.

cannondale27

#272 Post by cannondale27 »

Derno what do you need to get going?You know we all pull together to get folks racing but if we dont know we cant help.
I think with Kara and rest of us thier is a difference in character.Most of us are really not that serious of racers.Miss a couple so what.Cdalechick is very aggressive at getting what she wants.There is no way I can fault her for that.Maybe thats what it takes to get the job done.Others I have met are same way.As long as you know they are like that it doesnt become a issue.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#273 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

What bugs me is how she says all she got was a motor rebuild and a couple of parts. From what I read, she got alot more than that. I guess when you are so focused on racing, you don't have the time to be appreciative.

Derno24

#274 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 1 2006, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Derno what do you need to get going?You know we all pull together to get folks racing but if we dont know we cant help.
I think with Kara and rest of us thier is a difference in character.Most of us are really not that serious of racers.Miss a couple so what.Cdalechick is very aggressive at getting what she wants.There is no way I can fault her for that.Maybe thats what it takes to get the job done.Others I have met are same way.As long as you know they are like that it doesnt become a issue.

I didn't mean I need the help. I am ok as I will be racing my Dale this weekend. Wish me luck.

As for aggressiveness I wouldn't call it that. Alot of riders spend time on the phone with vendors trying to get things, but she expected free. Kinda hard to understand any of it. I understand people tend to stick up for girls, but I feel no sympathy for her. Also, as for her results on a superior machine? She lost to a modded blaster. This is when the dale was running good so it wasn't anything other than getting beat. I think you guys give her way more cedit than she deserves. Sorry for my rant and if I offended please send all correspondance to derno24@kissmybutt.com

theJeStEr1340

#275 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I like to think I am more than a casual racer. I am currently 2nd in points for my series, and had it not been for missing the first 2 races last season and a last place I would have been 2nd in the spring series.

cannondale27

#276 Post by cannondale27 »

Lol.I chose my words carefully Derno.I hear you.Good Luck! Jester you know help is there for you also.Sure would like to see someone on a Dale/ATK winning at nats MX or WPSA MX though.That is where all the attention is.Cdalechick did not promise going to all the nats but did say she was thinking about it.As long as Witech is happy its really all that matters since he did majority of donation.

jesshamner

#277 Post by jesshamner »

I agree with Derno and 27. Yes its great that Kara fulfilled her end of the deal. But to say that she was aggressive in getting what she wanted is inaccurate. It was more like begging for stuff all the time.

Honestly, I would have liked to have seen what she could do on a reliable machine. I know she really hasn't had the chance to show us what she could do. I think we can all be happy now. Wistech got a cannondale on the Podium, Kara is happy with a new reliable, popular, well supported machine...for now..., and now we don't have to listen to her sob story about how she doesn't have any money and no help and that she needs something. Win Win Win situation if you ask me.

Derno24

#278 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Sep 2 2006, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with Derno and 27. Yes its great that Kara fulfilled her end of the deal. But to say that she was aggressive in getting what she wanted is inaccurate. It was more like begging for stuff all the time.

Honestly, I would have liked to have seen what she could do on a reliable machine. I know she really hasn't had the chance to show us what she could do. I think we can all be happy now. Wistech got a cannondale on the Podium, Kara is happy with a new reliable, popular, well supported machine...for now..., and now we don't have to listen to her sob story about how she doesn't have any money and no help and that she needs something. Win Win Win situation if you ask me.

Did everyone miss that she got beat by a blaster. Trust me it is too funny to make up. Only problem I have with female riders is the ldepth of competition is not there. Only when you go to a national can you truly see her abilities.

jwheat

#279 Post by jwheat »

I am going to have to set the record straight here. I contacted Kara and talked her into asking for donations and help from this site. I also was the first to donate money to her and I don't regret it. She needed help with her racing and didn't want to ask because she was afraid it would be interpreted as begging. Apparently, several other members also thought that helping her was a good idea. Kara did what was expected from her on her end and she no longer races a Cannondale through no fault of her own.

Now, if someone else would like to get some support from the members on this site, then they should step up to the plate and start asking for it. There is help to be had, if you can put your Cannondale on the podium.

As for Kara begging......... she asked for help and she got it. Sometimes it pays off sponsoring a rider and sometimes it doesn't. The rest of you should quit complaining just because you didn't get the same help.... you also did put the same effort into asking for it.

Derno24

#280 Post by Derno24 »

tongue.gif
QUOTE (jwheat @ Sep 2 2006, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am going to have to set the record straight here. I contacted Kara and talked her into asking for donations and help from this site. I also was the first to donate money to her and I don't regret it. She needed help with her racing and didn't want to ask because she was afraid it would be interpreted as begging. Apparently, several other members also thought that helping her was a good idea. Kara did what was expected from her on her end and she no longer races a Cannondale through no fault of her own.

Now, if someone else would like to get some support from the members on this site, then they should step up to the plate and start asking for it. There is help to be had, if you can put your Cannondale on the podium.

As for Kara begging......... she asked for help and she got it. Sometimes it pays off sponsoring a rider and sometimes it doesn't. The rest of you should quit complaining just because you didn't get the same help.... you also did put the same effort into asking for it.

If she didn't have a bigger back story I would accept your explanation, but there is way more to this than just you offering to help.

Why don't we get into when she first bought the Cannondale and until she got it upgraded that she constantly bashed it and wanted to do anything to get out of it. Doesn't sound like she wanted one. I have been on these boards since go. I also visit a ton more. All you have to do is some research away from this site top see her true colors. Now if you want to believe your end go ahead. I am not faulting anyone who helped her as that is what makes this site great and the ownership of a Cannondale even better. Our ability to rally around a cause should never be questioned, but way more deserving people are and were out there. I could list them, but I think it would be a waste. I am not one of the people on that list so this is not misinterpretted as me asking for help. I am fine with my racing and such.

And again she lost to a blaster!