Supporting our Cannondale covergirl

jwheat

#281 Post by jwheat »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Sep 2 2006, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
helped her as that is what makes this site great and the ownership of a Cannondale even better. Our ability to rally around a cause should never be questioned, but way more deserving people are and were out there. I could list them, but I think it would be a waste.

Then as a site, we should try and find a top notch racer who would be willing to race a Cannondale and put some sponsorship behind him. We want to show people that the Cannondale can be as reliable and capable as any other machine out there and putting one on the podium repeatedly would be the way to do it. We don't need a flat broke rider, regardless of skill, to sponsor because a full ride is not what we could afford. We could offer parts, reliability upgrades and service, tech support, and maybe some money to help with expenses. I would be willing to help and I know of several other members that would most likely help out also.

Derno24

#282 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (jwheat @ Sep 2 2006, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then as a site, we should try and find a top notch racer who would be willing to race a Cannondale and put some sponsorship behind him. We want to show people that the Cannondale can be as reliable and capable as any other machine out there and putting one on the podium repeatedly would be the way to do it. We don't need a flat broke rider, regardless of skill, to sponsor because a full ride is not what we could afford. We could offer parts, reliability upgrades and service, tech support, and maybe some money to help with expenses. I would be willing to help and I know of several other members that would most likely help out also.

We have that member already. He is an A class racer who podiums all the time and loves his Cannondale. DELAWARE152!

twisted

#283 Post by twisted »

Ding Ding Ding !!!

Haha I would take that! But I would feel really bad for taking everything and not giving in return. Know what I mean?

jwheat

#284 Post by jwheat »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Sep 2 2006, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have that member already. He is an A class racer who podiums all the time and loves his Cannondale. DELAWARE152!

Then he should step up and ask and let us know what he can do and what he needs in the way of sponsorship. He needs to work the phones and call people from this site and see what he can do.

cannondale27

#285 Post by cannondale27 »

Sounds great!AdamWarren,USA Moto and wife are all great candidates also.There are actually quite a few members that run some nationals.Dont know of any who go to all of them though.Maybe with WPSA it will be easier to make every race in a series.

jwheat

#286 Post by jwheat »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 2 2006, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds great!AdamWarren,USA Moto and wife are all great candidates also.There are actually quite a few members that run some nationals.Dont know of any who go to all of them though.Maybe with WPSA it will be easier to make every race in a series.

Maybe we should start a contest and let them enter and the people willing to help should get together and vote on a winner. I would be willing to help out. I keep hearing about how good USAMoto is and that he needs help. I'm sure there are several more out there that very good and need help. It doesn't have to be someone that makes every race, but someone who makes alot of them (enough to get some exposure)!

peterock

#287 Post by peterock »

stay tuned everyone......................nothing official yet, but you may see a couple riders from the wisconsin are backed by ATK for next season. As details are worked out and things get ironed out and put together I'll post more.

jacobw

#288 Post by jacobw »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Sep 2 2006, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

derno I am a A class racer and love my cannondale as you know from our phone conversations and would love to have some help but I am not gonna beg, I will just plug along and just work my way up, I just ordered a innovate afr meter to tune my bike we will see what she is doing when i get it next week. biggrin.gif

jwheat

#289 Post by jwheat »

QUOTE (jacobw @ Sep 3 2006, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
derno I am a A class racer and love my cannondale as you know from our phone conversations and would love to have some help but I am not gonna beg, I will just plug along and just work my way up, I just ordered a innovate afr meter to tune my bike we will see what she is doing when i get it next week. biggrin.gif

Begging?? Jacob, did you consider it begging when you got your other sponsors to back you?? Kara didn't beg anybody here. She simply put up a post asking for help and made a few phone calls to certain members. You and anyone else here could do the same.

Derno24

#290 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (jwheat @ Sep 3 2006, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Begging?? Jacob, did you consider it begging when you got your other sponsors to back you?? Kara didn't beg anybody here. She simply put up a post asking for help and made a few phone calls to certain members. You and anyone else here could do the same.

Why are you getting so defensive over the word begging? I know too many vendors that have had dealings with her and all of them said the same. Did she here......Who knows, but not my problem as you and Wistech are the only ones who matter. So relax. Like I said if you are happy with how you spent your money that is all that matters.

Jacob feel free, but notice I said podiums all the time and has done extremely well when the nationals come to him. Just thought of him off the bat. If I kept going I would also include Randy Brandt who is an a level xc guy who went with me to sc this year and also was my team mate when we won the GA 6hr finished the 6hr at Rausch and our little romp in the 12hr. I have been to the nationals for xc and was pretty much one of maybe 3-4 dales there. I went to Yadkinville last year and was the only Cannondale.

Let's be honest with ourselves here if we wanted to support someone with the ability and the know how to race I wouldn't even mess with the GNC or GNCC's there is just not enough coverage. You would need a rider in the WPSA's who could at least make a showing. Anything else you are seriously just wasting money.

Good luck.....By the way my race today went well I had a good time and the Dale ran great! biggrin.gif