Fall Group Ride @ Majestic Trails

wanablaze

#281 Post by wanablaze »

Labor Day 2008 FTW!

X2 (per dad!)

NRath

#282 Post by NRath »

I've got to back up to the ride we just had and give a shout out to the Shock Doc- Cannondale27! He put a certificate in the door prize pile for some shock work and I was the lucky guy that scooped it up! I've got some Blaze Ohlin's that could use your magic!

Quadracer500- I'll check into your suggestions, thanks!

kdeal

#283 Post by kdeal »

I would like to take another moment and thank the people that contributed to our door prize give aways. Brad at Black Widow definitely gets the award for the most stuff donated, Canniboomer donated some good stuff, Cannondale27 threw a few good items in the pot (including the killer shock recharge deal that NRath won), a local cycle center in Bradford donated some riding gloves (on the suggestion of TJUSA. This guy (the owner) didn't even know us, but we did go to his shop for parts and labor during the weekend) and my brother & I threw a few goodies in the bag as well. This is part of what makes our Fall ride the best thing all year! Brad told me yesterday he might show up next year with a bunch of goodies in his enclosed trailer!

We need to get you guys thinking about next year so that people can set their vacation times up with work and make this thing a blow out next year. I was thinking of a Friday thru Monday thing. We could use Sunday as an extra riding day and everyone could take off Monday instead of Sunday. I would like people to get there Thursday night instead of Friday night or Saturday morning. You could use Monday as your travel day back home. I will defintely try and do a better job organizing things and send out a schedule of events for each thing. The swap meet idea is gaining a little momentum and maybe we can get a bigger showing next year. Lets keep the ideas coming for what you would like to see.

Ken

fig

#284 Post by fig »

Ken,

It sounds like a good time for everyone! You need to move to So Cal to organize a ride for us!

kdeal

#285 Post by kdeal »

Thanks Fig! I wish you and Tim could make it out here one year for a Fall Group Ride, as it is an absolute blast with some of the best people you will ever meet. Unfortunately this Country of ours is so big and no one single place is close enough for everybody to attend at once. I will make it out West one day soon to meet up with the left coast gang, I promise!

rolleyes.gif