Supporting our Cannondale covergirl

jacobw

#291 Post by jacobw »

I didnt consider her begging, I have talked to kara on the phone seemed like a deserving person, I am not gonna judge character here since I dont personally know here like I told derno, yes my sponsors help me out with discounts on part and mainly have dave to thank for most of my parts and well as brad, I was just saying that others need help too and I try not to lower myself to calling and asking for help UNLESS I really need it, but if others want to sponsor me I will tell you like I tell everyone I am a professional and will represent you will all professionalism. And the real reason I think she switched is I am sure that the local dealerships sponsors her, I wouldnt turn down a deal if they were throwing in parts, but I sure would rather be riding my dale, and that is the reason I dont try to get local dealerships to sponsor me I am a die hard cannondale man and when they build something as strong, fast and as comfortable as my dale I might and I said might switch brands but until then my cannondale is more than capable of taking me to the podium, as long as the rider cooperates biggrin.gif

jesshamner

#292 Post by jesshamner »

You know...if you looked at that one instance where she asked for help per your advice, it may not be begging. But she has done this before. I have known here since before she owned the cdale. I have seen all the posts and even spoke with here on messenger. She was always asking people for something either for free or trying to get a great deal. She never asked for sponsorship, just free or cheap stuff to get her by. I can't think of one time that she just went ahead and bought what she needed. She always waited it out until she could get it for free or cheaper.

I truly mean no disrespect towards her. I know its coming out like that but thats not what I want to convey. I just think its shame that she got the help and didn't try to use it even after the accident. If I received that kind of help, I couldn't turn my back on it so soon. ****, I have tried to switch machines a couple times but I just can't leave this community. It has given me so much already and I feel like I haven't given enough back. I think she should have been the same way. And then to go on another website and tell people she deserved the same treatment....twice? WTF? ATVriders is a much larger arena with much better, more deserving racers. I just see that as a little self centered.

I think its great that so many people pulled together to give her a chance. JW, I can't fault you for giving her advice to ask for some help. I would have told her the same thing. I think it could have been handled better but its done and she got the help she was looking for. No harm or shame in that on either you or Kara.

If we decide to give someone else a shot at this, I hope to help out this time. I want to see the C on the Podium just as much if not more than anyone else.

Delaware152

#293 Post by Delaware152 »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Sep 2 2006, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have that member already. He is an A class racer who podiums all the time and loves his Cannondale. DELAWARE152!

Thanks Derno. I have had very good luck over the years with my C-Dale. I have actually not DNFed any races this season...I probably just jinxed myself. Like Derno said I am only able to race about 3 Nationals...work sucks. I race MX in the local District A class and have all but won the series for this year. I basically only need to finish 2 out of the last four motos to win. This season I have won all but 4 motos out of 22 and was second in all 4 of them. If anybody is willing to help the cause send me a PM. I have a couple "stock motors" that could use a few upgrades. If you want some R @ D done let me know. If you guys are wanting somebody to represent I would be glad to do so....everybody in my district knows how a C-Dale runs.

jesshamner

#294 Post by jesshamner »

That's definitely cool Delaware! I hope you can get some help.

Guy310

#295 Post by Guy310 »

Someone should put together a 12 hoursmachine and pick 3 riders to compete in that. That would be a true test of a Dale.

jwheat

#296 Post by jwheat »

Deleware.... sounds like you are doing great in your local district. That's great! How have you done in the past at the nationals you've attended? I would love to see this community pick a rider and support him.

Derno24

#297 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (Guy310 @ Sep 4 2006, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone should put together a 12 hoursmachine and pick 3 riders to compete in that. That would be a true test of a Dale.

With the race being in Texas may make that hard. I dunno about anyone else, but unless the machine is meeting me there I could never afford to go. We were planning on putting our team together with one more shot at it, but Texas did us in. huh.gif

UpsMan

#298 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (Guy310 @ Sep 4 2006, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It would be nice to have a few well prepped Dales out there putting in a respectable showing. I know up here they don't get much respect. YET. I am doing what I can to change that, but I don't really have the skills YET. I do think that everytime I finish a moto without being towed off the track, it helps. I havent' had a single dnf this season so far. I truly believe that if your engines are updated and well maintained like a race quad should be, they are as reliable as anything else. I had a jackass mocking me earlier this year because my motor sounded like a sewing machine. I told him that was the sound of American Muscle. This guy at that very same time had his yamaha sitting in the pits with a two inch hole in his engine case because something let go in there. I mean come on. He is ridiculing my atk, when his yami just grenaded? I will just keep chugging along.

Delaware152

#299 Post by Delaware152 »

QUOTE (jwheat @ Sep 4 2006, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deleware.... sounds like you are doing great in your local district. That's great! How have you done in the past at the nationals you've attended? I would love to see this community pick a rider and support him.

2003 Budds Creek National - 1st 25 + and Production, 1st 25+ Muddy Creek, 2004 Budds Creek - 1st 4 stroke A & 25 +, 2005 - Budds Creek 1st 30+ & 10th Pro Am Unlimited, 2006 Budds Creek - 1st in both 1st motos of 4 stroke A and 30+ but bad luck on Sunday. A crash and DNF resulted in not a decent overall

Happyboy

#300 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Sep 4 2006, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the race being in Texas may make that hard. I dunno about anyone else, but unless the machine is meeting me there I could never afford to go. We were planning on putting our team together with one more shot at it, but Texas did us in. huh.gif

Brad and I had talked about getting this done before. It has been a while so I guess I need to touch base. You never know Derno.... smile.gif