Looking for opinions on selling Cannondale

twisted

#31 Post by twisted »

Hmm,

This is an interesting topic, I want to get a cannondale to show that there are other bikes out there that can take the 450's and the other big bore's. And I want attention, when I pull up beside someone and they ask what it is, I want to be able to say, well its a 440 fuel injected, liquid cooled 4 stroke, made by cannodale.

I want reliabilty, but I dont mind doing an oil change every 5-10 hours depending on how im riding, the only think I dont want my motor to do is grenade. But im confident, that once i get the crank assembly and the stud upgrade, it will be good for awhile smile.gif

440rider

#32 Post by 440rider »

there is a laundry list of problems these bikes have had since day1 that i've stuck by and done the updates to as needed but more just keep popping up. I 've put time into my bike and alot of $. My engine has been very strong until now, I luckly have one of the bikes that the crank and wrist pins havent blown out on yet, but i'll tell you since early 02' i've stuck by this bike and fixed every prob and with the help of this forum I've kept it running these guys on here know their stuff and are a life saver and a great bunch. Someone just getting into dales and wanting to go and just ride without worries or upgrades or worrying about reliability I dont know, I'm still worried about it after yrs on this bike and I just broke down last week from some other prob and had to load up and go home again. This is a great bike to hop on and race and work on and race again but as far as trail riding I think it may be too high performance or maintanance. I'm about to open up my bike to see what the latest is. Don't get me wrong I love everything about the power and the throttle response but I like to ride and when my bike doesnt work somethimes I'd rather trade reliability for performance. Thanks for all the help guys trying to get up and running again.

yamadjs08

#33 Post by yamadjs08 »

Exactly the same feeling here! Everybody has a 450 and thinks they are the greatest thing ever (dont get me wrong, they are awesome machines) and alls you see is 450 after 450. The fact that cannondales are/can be just as fast if not faster is one thing that gets my attention, the price does to. The rarity is cool too, I would like having somebody asking me about my quad everytime I go riding, whether they have heard rumors or not about cannondale. And then there is all of the technology that is cool to brag about (aluminum frame, fuel injection, etc). I will probably end up with one soon and I just want to get a few great rides on it before it breaks LOL. Regular maintance and stuff doesnt bother me at all, changing the oil every 5 hours would be just fine with me. Hopefully I will find an awesome deal soon. LOL.
Originally posted by twisted
Hmm,

This is an interesting topic, I want to get a cannondale to show that there are other bikes out there that can take the 450's and the other big bore's. And I want attention, when I pull up beside someone and they ask what it is, I want to be able to say, well its a 440 fuel injected, liquid cooled 4 stroke, made by cannodale.

I want reliabilty, but I dont mind doing an oil change every 5-10 hours depending on how im riding, the only think I dont want my motor to do is grenade. But im confident, that once i get the crank assembly and the stud upgrade, it will be good for awhile smile.gif

cdalepilot

#34 Post by cdalepilot »

:clap: :clap: smile.gif

aroracer72

#35 Post by aroracer72 »

That motor is gonna tear your friends yfz's a new one.........

And in truth you dont NEED to send your motor all the way across the country...if you sjut take some time to learn our motors and do all teh work yourself...jsut order the parts. The dale motor is not all that bad once you take it apart and rebuilt it yourself. Just takes patience.
CHAD

GDITheman

#36 Post by GDITheman »

I live in northern MI and work in IN. while i was driving down to IN Sunday I passed a pickup with a silver and yellow cannondale quad in it around the silver lake area. it was the first Cdale other than mine i have seen.

cannondale27

#37 Post by cannondale27 »

Yep they are rare everywhere.Anyone with a bike or quad will be amazed when you explain what you have.I love the look I get when I say Made In USA!Only warning I can give is that there should be a FDA warning sticker on them because they are more addicting than cigarettes!You will want to buy way more bling than you really need and maybe even a couple extra quads.Read the forums,stay informed and you will be fine.

cannondale440

#38 Post by cannondale440 »

Why would you want to be like everybody else and own a honda or yammi. I like owning something different, kinda like owning a farrari. No dought they have some problems but they can all be worked out pretty cheap i might add too. Stay USA and keep the dale. Good luck with your diciision