Hurricane Katrina

jwheat

#31 Post by jwheat »

I just got back from taking an entire pick-up bed full of supplies to a local church/shelter (the River of Life Church). They have several hundred people there already and are expecting about 100 more from another shelter to be transfered to them this afternoon. My wife and I came home to eat lunch and we will go buy and deliver another load of supplies to Christ united Methodist Church this afternoon. Here is a list of what we bought and delivered with your donations today:

soap, shampoo, razors, shaving cream, hand soap, diapers, tampons and pads, toothpaste, toothbrushes, paper towels, napkins, toilet paper, garbage bags, sippie cups, cleaning chemicals, detergent, and bleach

If you have any questions or suggestions for me...you can call me at 601-209-3139.

Jimbo Wheat

jwheat

#32 Post by jwheat »

We just delivered out second pick-up load of supplies and it went to Christ United Methodist Church in Jackson, MS. They are packing 18-wheelers up with supplies and sending them south to all of the churches and centers south of Jackson.

badvox

#33 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by jwheat
We just delivered out second pick-up load of supplies and it went to Christ United Methodist Church in Jackson, MS. They are packing 18-wheelers up with supplies and sending them south to all of the churches and centers south of Jackson.

Jimbo

It is great to hear this news. We have 2 more boxes shipping to you. Razors, brushes, wipies, hand cleaner, deoderant, etc.

I do have to warn you in one box you will find 1 solo "kids cuisine". My 3 year old was asking us what we were doing and I explained. He then ran into the house and grabbed this can of his lunch and packed it himself. :-)

Anyway, you are doing a great job and I really appreciate all you are doing to coordinate the CDALE relief effort. Way to go. I will keep supporting your effort for as long as you are willing to get it where it needs to go. Oh shoot thank your wife too!!

:usa :usa :usa

mike

jwheat

#34 Post by jwheat »

My wife and I have been ROFL at the solo "kids cuisine"! biggrin.gif
Thanks for all your help Mike and tell your wife and son thanks also.

Jimbo

cannondale27

#35 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes Thank you and your family.It sure makes donating feel more worthwhile when you actually know what is happening with donation right away.I wonder if this is widespread?Sure makes sense to me to give money or goods to someone you can trust to give immediate assistance right where it is needed.The internet sure can bring amazing things. biggrin.gif

Cdale_racer_669

#36 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i sent a paypal payment, but that wont be the extent of my donating, becuase our school is having a couple fundraisers and such, and they frown upon people that dont participate lol.

jwheat

#37 Post by jwheat »

Alright guys.....Cannondaleriders have been great about helping out and donating. As I have already posted, your donations have already purchased two pick-up loads full of supplies. I have just about enough donations to buy and deliver that same amount again this weekend. The needed supply lists that I posted earlier are just about the same this week as they were last week. Christ United Methodist Church on Old Canton Rd. in Jackson, MS is still needing lots of baby food and baby formula in addition to the other items on the list.

So come on guys.....if you keep it coming, I'll keep it going to the people here that need it.

Jimbo Wheat

Cdale_racer_669

#38 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

thats good to hear:usa

badvox

#39 Post by badvox »

Check your e-mail.

:usa :usa

jwheat

#40 Post by jwheat »

My wife and I delivered another of supplies to the River of Life Church on Spillway Rd. in Brandon, MS yesterday. It pretty much consisted of the same items that we posted about earlier. I wanted to deliver another load to Christ United Methodist Church in Jackson, MS also, but it will have to wait a few more days. Thanks for you help guys! I just wanted to let you know where your money was going.

Jimbo