TT Racing

tat

#31 Post by tat »

That looks good, you might want to play with the ride height a little bit. Where ever it fills the most comfortable. How did you lower it? The little quad is exactly what we have sittin in the garage under tarps waiting on Santa to drop off. Those things are neat. Lots of mods can be done to them.

djslyde

#32 Post by djslyde »

Yea they are nice.. I think thats when we are going to give it to him also. We bought it for his birthday but it wasnt running right. so now its all fixed and might just wait untill christmas. I just was messing around with the preload i think thats what it was and it sank down a coule of inches. I defently cant jump with it the way it is though.

RoooStEr Pops

#33 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

How does it sit when you sit on it ? The bike should be even front to rear. Look at the eng cradle that will help you get it even. It may look like the back is higher than the front till sit on it. that is the way mine is now. But when i sit on it, it evens out.

tat

#34 Post by tat »

If you know that is the racing you want to do. Then get the right shocks for the job. A good set of TT shocks from one of the above mentioned is the way to go. You can jump with those and not have to worry about bottoming. With a set of TT shocks you will have the same adjustment as with a set of MX shocks, just shorter shocks.

cannondale27

#35 Post by cannondale27 »

Maybe when Iceracer get back he will post pics of the Fox airshocks he got for front of his TT quad not sure how well they will work yet but Rath likes them on his quad.Not too bad a price either.

jacobw

#36 Post by jacobw »

I run mx and will be mx ride hieght but we are gonna be building a flattrack so what should i do to be able to run flattrack with the same quad get some tires and swaybar?? and set the preload to get it down to the dirt??

RoooStEr Pops

#37 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

All I have to do is jsck my shocks up and I can ride any where. I just have them lowered to them max

djslyde

#38 Post by djslyde »

yea same here . probly would take 20 min max to get it back up to height. Someone sell me some cheap used TT Tires biggrin.gif

tat

#39 Post by tat »

There are no cheap tires. Used I would not recomend. When you get a set, buy a medium compound for general use.

theJeStEr1340

#40 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by tat
There are no cheap tires. Used I would not recomend. When you get a set, buy a medium compound for general use.

I would not agree with that, I know a few TT racers (most of them in fact) or any that run pro or pro-am will sell you some tires with great tread left for 50-100 a set. they will never use them again so you are just doing them a favor. Go to a TT race and find out who the pro's are, after their races go ask them if they have any used tires to sell.