The St Anthonies Special

wistech

#31 Post by wistech »

This is the prototype trumpet that combined with the Harley injectors broke 55HP. After doing some research I came up with a formula for the 46mm throttle body. Timbo quick prototyped it up a airmailed it to me for the test. This is the only pic I have of it . I built an air filter base similar to the first one and mounted a huge tapered cone uni for max low. Cdale55 has now race proven this system to be a winner. There is 2 more design changes to test out before deciding on the best performance.

rider283

#32 Post by rider283 »

THIS is the oh so great invention?? I was expecting more...guess I was wrong and maybe that ****** guy was right adn you guys have got to be kidding me!!!?????

wistech

#33 Post by wistech »

No kidding . Thats it. Cheap bolt on horseower is my favorite.

cannondale27

#34 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by rider283
THIS is the oh so great invention?? I was expecting more...guess I was wrong and maybe that ****** guy was right adn you guys have got to be kidding me!!!?????

Unreal!Your actually making me laugh right now:D at YOU.

azcannon

#35 Post by azcannon »

Originally posted by rider283

Grow up or get out, there is no place for this here.

J. Delaney

#36 Post by J. Delaney »

No body seemed to scoff at the idea of putting a bike air horn on a quad. What's the big deal about a redesigned air horn?

CannondaleRider

#37 Post by CannondaleRider »

Originally posted by J. Delaney
No body seemed to scoff at the idea of putting a bike air horn on a quad. What's the big deal about a redesigned air horn?

The big deal is somebody thats searching for any reason to be an a$$

Exodus

#38 Post by Exodus »

Nice job Wistech. Thats a pretty amazing job for a 1000 bucks, and I dont care who you are. We just may be over analizing this whole performance issue. It looks to me like that Cannondale motor isnt particular about its parts. It just makes me wonder if the really long rod and the used piston isnt the whip cream to the whole bannana. I wish I could biuld my motor for 1000, I couldnt imagine biuld the whole bike for that. Pretty amazing, I need to move to the east coast so I can get into all those good parts deals. LOL

Happyboy

#39 Post by Happyboy »

Gotta love invention....just when you think things couldn't get any better here comes John and Tim with new ideas. I bet you got in all sorts of trouble when you were a kid.

wistech

#40 Post by wistech »

Thanks man. smile.gif

This quad happened because of everybody chipping in. I spent many an hour on the internet trying to figure the best configuration for the top end. Theres so much conflicting data about cam timing ,compression valve sizing and porting that I had to do a best guess on a lot of it. You dont want to know what I did to the head but its a pound or 2 lighter and nothing like a standard race ported head. Everyone used to be so worried about the exhaust D ports . well they went by by for all out flow. Hard to believe it worked and torque wasnt lost.
As far as using the 500ecm I know that every quad that Ive come across with it has always made great power and had the best throttle response so I figured what the heck. Besides its kind of a shame to see all those ecms sitting on a pile going to waste. The other reason is that I have no time ,skill or patience to mess with mapping and the 500's are so sweet and simple once you get to know them .

I know 55hp will be beat soon by the guys with big bugdets for all the go fast parts but until then the junkyard dog is king. LOL