battery

banzairx7

#31 Post by banzairx7 »

Is the 14 really that hard to fit being only 3/16" higher? I had to shim my stock battery up at least that to get the clamp to hold it tightly. With a little rework of the tray I could see easily dropping the battery that much down in the chassis too.

Derno24

#32 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by kdeal
Derno & Boomer,

The difference would be marginal due to 1/2 the amperage in the 24 volt set-up. You don't double the amperage when wired in series (24v) as you do when you run them in parallel (12V).

Ok I get ya, but when spinning the starter like we do. Kinda like a party favor going off it is due to 24 volts pushing the system. That is also why we can't keep cranking and cranking. I agree for recreational riding the 14 maybe the ticket, but with how slow our machines start on the line the 24volt system works better due to the one pop and go.

I am willing to give it a shot when one of my batteries die out.smile.gif

CptHook

#33 Post by CptHook »

so for a one battery setup, are most of you guys running the 14?

kdeal

#34 Post by kdeal »

Hook,

I think most of us a running the 12 series battery due to the exact fit and 50% more CCA than the stock 9 series battery. Derno is running a 12 series in the normal position and a 7 series (smaller than stock) up front between the frame rails. He is after a 24V starter set-up, but he runs the bike off of the 12 series battery.

Canniboomer

#35 Post by Canniboomer »

I don't think many are are using the YTZ14S yet.

But it's completely different than a YTX14, so please don't confuse it with those!

kdeal

#36 Post by kdeal »

I love the specs on the battery Boomer is talking about. Someone needs to do a picture write up on one....