Hail to the king BABY

hogman

#31 Post by hogman »

I dont think the ecm would have a problem controlling the injectors. It dosnt have any way of knowing that they are different. All the ecm can do is send the signal when to open and when to close. The amount of fuel that flows in the time depends on the injector and the fuel pressure.

hogman

#32 Post by hogman »

Oh and kdeal i agree with you totally that finding the correct injectors would be the best fix, but for now we can experiment and see potential gains. Just in case no injectors are found then at least we have a possible solution.

cannondale27

#33 Post by cannondale27 »

Not at 80% we need 60% to be safe since stockers were at 60%.Stock injectors flow 17lbs as tested.For 55 hp we should have around 25lbs.I am guessing the Harley ones were about 35lbs.Another otion is to make the motor match the bigger injectors!Hows that for a idea?
Here is another calculator:
http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm
Kdeal the one you sent me is the same place that offers even bigger Harley injectors.Sure wish they offered smaller ones cause the style is perfect for even better porting.

cannondale27

#34 Post by cannondale27 »

Hogman I cant explain why but if one injector is unplugged one of the two exhaust pipes will glow while other doesnt:( I cannot for life of me explain why other than possibility that intake valve isnt being fully cooled.Wierd huh?

twisted

#35 Post by twisted »

Wow, I want 55hp:(

cannondale27

#36 Post by cannondale27 »

Dont you mean 60hp?

hogman

#37 Post by hogman »

cannondale27 that is really strange but with one injector not flowing at all the engine is running really lean and it could just be that more hot exhaust is flowing out of one of the pipes due to not as much fuel on the other side. A good experiment would be to unhook one injector and see which pipe glows then unhook the other and see if the other pipe glows. I would guess that if the same pipe glowed both times than that exhaust valve flows more than the other, but if they changed the its just the fuel dosnt move around very much in the chamber. I would also like to see how the Harley injectors run in a 505. They would still probably be overkill but may not be as bad as in one of the smaller engines.

Ohh and by smaller i only mean less displacement.

cannondale27

#38 Post by cannondale27 »

biggrin.gif Were all waiting to see the 505 results.Should be just about perfect for that motor.Wistechs was about a 470 or so.

cannondale27

#39 Post by cannondale27 »

Limiting factor now will be the exhaust ports.Trying to convince Tim to make a Billet head to correct that!

twisted

#40 Post by twisted »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Dont you mean 60hp?

Doesnt matter to me 55-60 hp would be killer smile.gif