Im going crazy

RoooStEr Pops

#31 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

Originally posted by 440EX4ME

And since we touched on the 2 v 4 issue ever think of it as liking both blondes and brunettes, and just that the way one rides seems to suit you better  :)

You forgot about the red heads. :drink: :drink:

twisted

#32 Post by twisted »

Originally posted by RoooStEr Pops
You forgot about the red heads.   :drink: :drink:

Yeah the 3 strokes..smile.gif

aroracer72

#33 Post by aroracer72 »

It would take some good motor mods to match this dirtbike engine. and yesssss i know its in a bike chassis. But this 2001 cr250r engine is said to be the bext two stroke motor ever made for 250cc. Like i said with jsut a pipe, it absolutely smokes 450 bikes..piped and all. It has a proven 50-52hp rear wheel depending on how well tuned, and in a quad chassis has proven to not lose any of that horsepower except 2-3. Also, the advantages????...id need a full sheet of paper to show you them. Simpler, rebuild half teh engine without removing...more pwoer then a piped dale, the powerband is all teh way through...no delays like the 250r quads, can find parts anywere...and foir cheap, lighter, cheaper to rebuild, and more reliable. Dale engines when built right last a very long time.....but a two stroke would last longer and outperform if built right....for less. Disadvantages is worse gas mileage, have to mix gas, fabricating mounts, and successfully doing everything. Its worth it.
CHAD

aroracer72

#34 Post by aroracer72 »

And as for my drawings...it was a spur of the moment doodle...ive had design classes, and i will be making proper drawings with dimensions and stuff...but that was sjut a first though doodle.

And as for the wiring hardess and all that stuff on teh dale..dangling. You'd have to remove that. This would be a two day swap. While that seems long, its alot shorter then it takes to make a hybrid the original way, like welding and all of that. If you wanna get this swap down pat, youd need an organized harness, and a canniboomer intake. This removes the airbox and front filter, and the harness being rerouted and modded makes uninstalling and installing a snap.

Then you simply bolt on the 250 mounts.....put the motor in, the standard dirtbike pipe DOES fit without modding the frame, and you make a universal mounting clamp for the silencer, much like yoshimuras or FMF's ti pipes. Then radiators swap out, and you either put your modded swinger plate on after flipping the carrier and axle, or you have a spare swinger with another axle and carrier with the modded plate ready to go.(can jsut have the swinger/carrier/plate.....switch axles). It sounds like a ton of work when listed out, but it would be nothing once you were organized and set up. This isnt for jsut a yahoo to do, but someone who doesnt mind a little wrenching and likes to do something neat, WITHOUT ruining there stock dale frames.

Ive come up with a list of what extra you'd want to have and special stuff to make the swap easy.

-custom tank
-spare subframe, with airbox and intake mounted to it(for dirtbike engine)
-spare swinger and carrier with modded brake plate.
-and of course have a canniboomer direct intake, and organized and re-routed harness. Installing the two stroke stuff isnt the ahrd part, gettin the frame ready for the two stroke stuff is the task.

If your really into it, get a spare frame and swinger, have the motor always mounted in it, then when you want to use it, use the a-arms, axle, wheels/tires, plastic, and seat off of your dale.

But i mean this isnt for the mortal man. This for soemone who is capable of wrenching some, and wants/needs to always have soemthing to ride for a cheap cost. My goal is to keep teh conversion costs way under 500 dollars. This is not including the biek engine, and its airbox, pipe, computer, etc. I bet i can do this conversion for 200 dollars. I will keep track of the cost, and post the project finished with teh cost and lsit of problems/challenges. And also a seperate post on how to do it, if mine is successful.
CHAD

cdalemx301

#35 Post by cdalemx301 »

I knew I had seen somethin about a CR motor in a dale in the past... http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...highlight=cr250
As far as the drivetrain goes the guy said he just flipped the axle around no need to have a 250r swinger and a dale swinger just flip the axle and remount everything....The read one looks pretty badass in the picture nice and clean...Good luck with your project

theJeStEr1340

#36 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I would like to see a 370r motor in a dale frame.

Exodus

#37 Post by Exodus »

ROFLMAO, Potatoes huh. Ok, with that threat you can keep your idea. I think I am going to try it though. I would just like to have one because its a two stroke. I like my four stroke a lot but for screwing on the track and trail a 2 popper would be a ball to have. Everytime I fire mine up to go to the trail I keep thinking its such a waste not to be ripping as fast as she'll go everywhere. It just doesnt seem right to have a race horse sitting still. I think this way it will easy my mind to be thrashing an easily rebiuldable motor and still having fun on my Cannondale.

440EX4ME

#38 Post by 440EX4ME »

Originally posted by theJeStEr1340
I would like to see a 370r motor in a dale frame.

That also could be interesting, but somehow I am thinking all of these very good engines with good power output and potential etc could see more benefit from some kind of 250r based custom frame that was lighter and had different geometry etc.

Also I hear what you guys are saying about the power output and curves on the newer 250's and I was impressed with the couple I have had a chance to ride compared to the older ones I had ridden in the past. The power comes on very different and there is more of it too.

Most importantly I need a larger version of your avatar. I know its just a little different wording of the one I use, but it would save me some trouble if I could just copy it to pass around some other sites smile.gif

440EX4ME

#39 Post by 440EX4ME »

Originally posted by aroracer72
LOL
you said two things that are totally FALSE. For one the dale frame is LIGHTER!!!!!!!.....and ive owned both so i have weighed. And two THEY HAVE IDENTICAL GEOMETRY!!!!!......lmao you couldnt have made a bigger doofus out of yourself. LOL...but yeah, and have you ridden a 2001 cr250r tuned right???
CHAD

The only thing I am doing that may make me appear as a "doofus" is to bother having a discussion with someone as obviously unable to comprhend the english language as yourself.

Now to make things worse I am going to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponet, and yes your instigating this by making false acusations against me due to your own shortcomings (just take a look in your shorts son) may just make this whole thing really worth it biggrin.gif :w:

First go back and read what I wrote and not wtf you think you saw and see that I never said that one frame is lighter than the other, and second understand that I was actually refering to using a "lighter" frame.

From what I have been told by some of the suspension people the geometry is similar, but not the same, and same could be said for the 400ex as well. I am not a frame manufacturer, and was just making an observation that there are better opportunities for that engine than the dale frame (LRD has done some good ones in AL and other materials that are super light).

Maybe you found some enjoyment in turning this into a pissing match, but it was not called for and dont bother replying cause I am done bothering with this thread and I could really care less how much time you waste dreaming on this whole stupid idea, and just in case no one has told you yet your a childish moron.

Later

aroracer72

#40 Post by aroracer72 »

******!!!!....your right...i did misread. ****** ****** ******!!!

My bad, and i fully apologize, now try not to rub it in tooo bad rolleyes.gif

Yeah, but making a custom frame would be a task. I know its not out of the question, but i just have the frame sitting here in the basement......

Someday though, if this project goes good id severely like to make a custom frame for soem kind of quad. Whether its a MX frame, or jsut a play quad frame, something like that.

Sorry again f0r being a ARSE hole......i wasnt myself when i read that...sorry...
CHAD