Do you agree?

Happyboy

#31 Post by Happyboy »

**** speed, well said.

MyCannibal

#32 Post by MyCannibal »

Smitty...all i can say is it sounds like you were easily bribed.

azcannon

#33 Post by azcannon »

good story speed, I regard police officers injured in the line of duty the same as Vets , highly.
I don't have any bad cop stories/ good cop stories I just know too many of them so I see them as regular people.

I would like to say its too bad one of your stray bullets didn't hit any of the "people watching" too chicken to help you out.

Smitty911

Re: ...

#34 Post by Smitty911 »

Originally posted by MyCannibal
Smitty...all i can say is it sounds like you were easily bribed.

Bribed???? I gave him money. LOL

There was a MAD magizine in the 70's that showed Airline attendance passing out guns as they boarded the flight. One guy pulls his and the next frame showed about 100 guns pointing at his head. He sat down. They collected all the guns as everyone arrived at their destination. This of course was in response to several hijacking in the 70's

Smitty

speed_demon

#35 Post by speed_demon »

azcannon-wasn't necessarily a reply to you, just saying some of those Barney Fifes need a gun just to make some knuckleheads think twice. Without it they couldn't defend themselves, so it's more of a deterrant than anything else.

MyCannibal

#36 Post by MyCannibal »

bribed yes...he asked u for money and u gave it to him...what happens next time he asks u?.....as far as letting the convicted murderer go...same deal....never get yourself into stuff like that in law enforcement....and the passing out guns deal is just stupid too...the guy never would've pulled his if it wasn't GIVEN to him.

fixthedale

#37 Post by fixthedale »

Here in Missouri, our highway patrol conducts themselves professionally and rarely are the subject of a high profile issue in my opinion. Our problem is that most police in this state are not held to the same standard. A local yokel recently shot two unarmed men and killed them after they pulled over when their truck rolled back with the engine turned off because the driver forgot to engage the e-brake. One that was killed was the driver and one was a passenger in the back seat. We have small-town local guys that really aren't cop material getting out on main highways to give tickets so they can make more money. They don't have training or back-up available if things go wrong. We have activist groups that want to tie all officers hands and other groups that believe they should be allowed to make a few mistakes from time to time. I don't know what the answers are. I hate to see our police injured and killed and I hate to see young, unarmed men and women subjected to gunfire from police that lose control. There is no simple solution. Disarming police would be wrong, just as disarming the public would be wrong. I do know that without the public's support no police force can be effective.