SHOW OFF YOUR QUAD

rubicon20032003

#31 Post by rubicon20032003 »

The only thing i see with torch lights is they get water in bulbs easy.I ruined two bulbs acouple weeks ago.ridding when it was really muddey and wet out.I didn't have my covers on since it was dark out

MyCannibal

#32 Post by MyCannibal »

supposedly you can ride with these covers on....trailtech directions state that you can.....i did ride with them on for a short amount of time at night...the covers do seem to hold a little heat though....but boy the blue light at night looks awesome....i rode around my neighborhood and all the street signs were lighting up blue and cars couldnt figure out what the **** was goin on...lit em up in my dark garage and the whole garage was blue.....what color covers did you get rubicon?.....by the way Boomer does not approve of riding with these covers on for any amount of time.......with the covers off these lights are so bright you cant even look into them.....and they shine double of what the stock ones do.....its a whiter light also.

rubicon20032003

#33 Post by rubicon20032003 »

I have the clear covers.they are night and day differance the stock one.Well worth the money

Derno24

#34 Post by Derno24 »

Used the trail tech HID lights during the 6hr at rausch end of the race all 4 were shot. They took water into the housing and that was with those covers on. I will say with certainty that they will not stop water from getting in. Once water is in there it is only a matter of time.

hawksd1

#35 Post by hawksd1 »

Has any body tried to take these apart and seal them from the inside with like silicone or something similar but maybe heat rated

Canniboomer

#36 Post by Canniboomer »

...the covers have vent/drain holes, and the lower housing is vented -- they are not intended to seal air-tight inside, and water invasion can be just wicking through the threads. The front glass is grommeted, and should not leak if the bezels are tight enough. Teflon paste sealant on the threads would help, and checking tightness of the bezel rings with a non-marring strap clamp -- if air cannot escape through the top, then water won't invade from below -- I'll talk to TrailTech to get their take, and to convey your comments here.

MyCannibal

#37 Post by MyCannibal »

no but i may be the first one to try it....

Derno24

#38 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Apr 28 2006, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...the covers have vent/drain holes, and the lower housing is vented -- they are not intended to seal ait tight inside, and water invasion can be just wicking through the threads. The front glass is grommeted, and should not leak if the bezels are tight enough. Teflon paste sealant on the threads would help, and checking tightness of the bezel rings with a non-marring strap clamp -- if air cannot escape through the top, then water won't invade from below -- I'll talk to TrailTech to get their take, and to convey your comments here.

Another issue is the bulbs themselves. They aren't sealed very well and water gets in too easy. I was talking to Jenn up there almost every week. As for sealers and such we tried different approaches, but water still got in. I did not know about the lower drain so that may be just a fact of life. Most trail riders won't ride in the conditions we were at the Rausch 6hr.

yamadjs08

#39 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (banzairx7 @ Apr 27 2006, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is mine a year in the making. The seatcover isnt really on yet so its a bit wrinkly in the pics.
[attachment=78:attachment]
[attachment=77:attachment]
[attachment=79:attachment]

Wow, that is just beautiful! I love it, when I was first scrolling down those almost looked like the 04 prototype plastics from a quick view. And that color is pretty close looking to the smoke grey fx400 plastics, I didnt know thats what the fullbore grey looked like. Looks excellent! Nice work!

banzairx7

#40 Post by banzairx7 »

Thanks! LOTS of hours into working on this thing. It amazes me how many really nice cdales are out there. Mine pales in comparison to a lot on here.