whats with atk

peterock

#31 Post by peterock »

send it to me and I'll see what I can do.

Psychosis

#32 Post by Psychosis »

I don't have any of the information anymore. I have the series name, but they don't have their results online for the 05 series and I don't have any copies. The only thing I have is a message dated back last year from Frank White saying I had some of the money. Not nearly all though.

Happyboy

#33 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (Guy310 @ Dec 29 2006, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You might revalve one of the suzukis, but you are talking about the difference between long travel and regular travel.

Whats the difference? Tunability. Not really much of a performance difference on the track.

Guy310

#34 Post by Guy310 »

At a National track with holes the size of most 1st graders, the difference is huge. If there wasn't a difference between long travel and standard travel, you would see more C-level and up racers at nationals using the standard travel front end. It used to be A level and up but now it is C and up.

Happyboy

#35 Post by Happyboy »

same arguement different day. I the real difference is the ball joint. You can get the same travel from 16" setup as you can with a 19" setup if your ball joints allow it.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php...us&pagenumber=2

theJeStEr1340

#36 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

The long body shocks are supposed to be easier to tune also because of the angles, there is less stress on the shock so fine tuning is easier.

joedirt

#37 Post by joedirt »

I thought it was mainly for the different spring packages. The longer the shock the more room you have for the ZPS, triple rate, quad rate or whatever other spring combinations you have.

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jan 4 2007, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
same arguement different day. I the real difference is the ball joint. You can get the same travel from 16" setup as you can with a 19" setup if your ball joints allow it.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php...us&pagenumber=2

That is true some long shock a-arms actually more travel then others.