Good C-dale exposure!

cannondale27

#31 Post by cannondale27 »

Dang Flywheels mad.gif

peterock

#32 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ May 13 2007, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I spoke to Brian he explained she spun a flywheel in the first moto after leading for 3 laps. Since the rule changes she doesn't get a DNF. I don't know why she finished 16th, but I know why she didn't finish. I will say she isn't happy with her dale at all. She is now in 2nd place overall in a class she should be dominating. As for moving to the A class there are no full sponsored a riders out there so to me it makes more sense to dominate here round up sponsors for next year and hit them where it hurts with a full season instead of not getting full points for this season.

If I remember correctly from watching the lap times today, she easily can compete with the top 3 in the A class. I would think potential future sponsors would rather see her take a 3rd overall or something in the A class vs the overall in the B class. She may even get 1st at several rounds. That 1st is going to be a whole lot more appealing to sponsors. She has already shown she can beat Natalie. Go for it girl

Derno24

#33 Post by Derno24 »

Natalie isn't the big dog in those races at all. I am guessing class championships don't mean much to you? She started there and I can understand wy she wants to finish there. To me I would believe a 1st overall in class is way more appealing than a possible 3rd. Remember the other class has been running for a couple races and points are never easy to come by.

peterock

#34 Post by peterock »

I'm not going to turn this into any kind of negative post. As for me personally, no a class championship doesn't mean anything to me. Just pointing out that her lap times are comparable with the top female riders out there and complementing her when i say she should take on the A class.

cannondale27

#35 Post by cannondale27 »

Normally the top 3-5 riders in Proclass get majority of the coverage from magazines.However she might get coverage in B-class.Odds are much better in A though.I very rarely hear anything about points champions other than the pros.Take magazine coverage to a potential sponsor and see the result.The way I see it there are at least 7 girls in A class who know they could have it easier in B yet they still ride A.Kind of feel sorry for them since I know one of them I know for a fact it is a bummer to them to see someone they know is faster running a class lower than them.Then again it is her first run at a Nat championship and by all rights she could have gone in c or whatever the women have for beginers.Tough choice.Either way she is only one running a nat series on a Dale so my support is there for sure.

jesshamner

#36 Post by jesshamner »

You have to work your way up. If you entered a class for the season, why wouldn't you finish out that season in that class? Sure a couple magazine articles are nice but a class championship with intentions to move up next year look great on a resume. Its not like she's sandbagging. She's putting together a full season of domination. There is always going to be riders in each class that dominate over the rest as they work their way up through the ranks. When she gets her win she can move up and finish with the results that you all are predicting now...or even better because she has that much more experience. No need to rush. Just take a look at the Pros' careers. Some jump up a couple of classes but most work their way up.

kdeal

#37 Post by kdeal »

I agree! Why would you run 1/2 a season in one class, and then switch to another harder class to do what show your lap times? You would have no stature in either class due to the 1/2 season or less in each class. Oh....I guess you could you could say well I was 2nd in class when I switched! But, then wouldn't you be bragging about the class you just left? Every pro paid his dues thru some sort of class racing. Some even skipped several classes to go pro. But all you have to do is research on every pro out there to see the pattern.

peterock

#38 Post by peterock »

wow, you guys really know how to turn something positive into a negative. Anyway, I still stand behind the fact that she more then likely has what it takes to take on the top in the women's A class. And remember, this is the WPSA. B class has no shot at TV coverage. Women's A class does. A potential sponsor would be pumped to see their name on her quad rubbing tires on TV.

We notice her because she is on a cannondale, otherwise we wouldn't know who she was. If she is in the A class with more then likely some TV spots during the race, more then just us are going to know her.

peterock

#39 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ May 13 2007, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Natalie isn't the big dog in those races at all. I am guessing class championships don't mean much to you? She started there and I can understand wy she wants to finish there. To me I would believe a 1st overall in class is way more appealing than a possible 3rd. Remember the other class has been running for a couple races and points are never easy to come by.

And one other thing to point out. Natalie isn't a big dog in that class then why did she take 2nd overall this weekend. So you are seeing that right. She can beat Natalie on a regular basis and therefore could have taken 2nd in the women's A class.

Michelle Sucio, if you read any of this. Understand it is only to encourage you to reach for your true potential. Some risks are worth taking and you have shown you can run with the best already. Now show everyone else out there.

jesshamner

#40 Post by jesshamner »

I see what you're trying to say pete. And I totally agree. I just think she should finish out this season and make the jump next season. Based on laptimes, she does have what it takes. We definitely want to give her credit for that. Keep up the good work! So mark this season down on the resume as a success and go for the "Big Dogs" (as you all like to put it) next season.