Can-Am DS450...

jesshamner

#31 Post by jesshamner »

Can-Am is finally on the board with a win this weekend at Unadilla. After checking out the website again, I really like what this bike has to offer. It almost brings back that feeling of reading about the Cannondale for the first time. So much of the "outside the box" stuff. Its good to see one can last through a GNCC. Also, KTM finished 2nd with Bill Ballance in 3rd on the yamaha. I really hope they get all the bugs worked out of this machine. It really is amazing how similar their race effort is to Cannondale's back in the day...including starting off on the wrong foot in the reliablility realm.

cannondale27

#32 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes is a great effort.Was looking at thier GNCC quad at Haydays noticed it had extra oil and water coolers on it.Is alot of choices now.I wonder if Honda will ever go all out with a full on racer?Even Suzuki.Is rumor of something big coming to LTR.I thought economy would slow things down in the market since it has killed sales but I guess all this was in the works before already.

jesshamner

#33 Post by jesshamner »

Are you drunk tonight Steve? Whats with the weird typing? Anyway, have you had a chance to sit on one? My buddy Lee sat on one at the dealership and he thought they felt cheap. I'm curious to see what other people think.

cannondale27

#34 Post by cannondale27 »

I dont drink.Not sure what you mean about the typing?

I rode one at dealer.The regular one.It felt fine to me.Lot of top end and handling seemed great.I didnt like the wiring job on it and thought some of the things like swingarm looked kind of crude.

jesshamner

#35 Post by jesshamner »

Just thought it was weird how you started the sentences with the word "Is". LOL. No big deal. So I was looking at atvriders last night to see what people were having issues with. Seems that the clutch squeals a lot during hard loading like initial take off. Also the bottom end power is weak but apparently there is a pink wire that you can cut to unlock a better map. Also the hollow axle seems to the one major downfall according to some owners. The frame seems to be holding up pretty good.

I'm really liking the looks of the DS450X XC model. Hopefully they work out all the bugs with the 09 or 2010 model before its too late.

NRath

#36 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Sep 29 2008, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can-Am is finally on the board with a win this weekend at Unadilla.

IMO, the only reason Bithell pulled off that win is because of the lengthy off course detour that the first 5 riders took. And Ballance still managed to compete for the win in the last turn. McGill couldn't even work back into the top 10. Got to give credit, though- it still takes a heck of a machine to take the win, even minus those top 5. If you look at the mx side, Natalie has been struggling on it, though. I think he's about 7th in points.
I sat on one when they first came out. I didn't have the cheap feeling. I liked the technology they put into it. Reminded me of that old defunct American ATV maker. I'd definitely like to see them do well. My fingers are crossed for them.

jesshamner

#37 Post by jesshamner »

I didn't know about the detour. I do know that ballance is racing with broken or bruised ribs. At snowshoe he won and when he got to the podium, his mechanic and his wife had to help him take his chest protector and his shirt of because he wasn't able to do it on his own. That guy is a beast!

I definitely think something is going on with these machines that are holding back all these great riders. But I'm really pulling for them because they are so similar to the Cannondale. I want to see that same attitude (that cannondale had) toward the sport finally take off.