Frank White's latest response on the future of ATK

peterock

#31 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (Psychosis @ May 24 2007, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll agree on MOST don't know anything. I have talked w/one person there but the name escapes me who was very informative and helped me out/returned calls w/in minutes. However, nobody else has ever even returned a call, EXCEPT when I was ordering something; and then I had to make several calls to get a return even.

One person at ATK told me that a-arms from other manufacturers other than ASR might not fit on the frame and cause problems. can anyone explain that?

Hmmm........lets see. Call Yamaha headquarters and see if they tell you if Walsh A-arms will fit on their quad. Wonder what their answer is going to be?

Also, think about it. How in the world is ATK supposed field everyone's personal calls with various different questions? Go to your local dealership for any other brand and ask the guy on the sales floor what the tolerances are for the quad he is selling. Odds are he can't even tell you how much oil to put in it.

Don't know what the phone calls you made entailed, but I wouldn't expect a call back either if I wanted to know if Hardkor made hubs for my quad. Wouldn't you just call Hardkor or whatever after market company you were looking at??????

Psychosis

#32 Post by Psychosis »

Peterock: I know you stand up for them and more/less always have something to get back at me for.

I had been contacting ATK for months, not b/c of questions, but b/c of contingency. Nobody ever cared until recently and I still didn't get squat that I earned. They never had the deceny to return calls on that or questions about other things. I still have NEVER RECEIVED MY VIN PLATE NUMBER FOR MY FRAME on my ATK quad. I bought it in 04 and they still refuse to talk to me when I say I need a frame plate. I have a title and it is useless. I almost had it impounded b/c the registration doesn't match the frame. And the engine case on it has NO numbers so it doesn't match either. They won't help me out on that, won't return calls, and won't even give me the information to make it legally registered to me. Now that is poor work.

As for the a-arms thing. I wanted Fox shocks and figured I'd order a whole front end since I had a little contingency as well. What the guy told me was that if I had a Cannibal or a Speed that the a-arms probably wouldn't work as only the Moto frame would work right b/c it was made different. LOL! Tried to sell me another frame for the most part w/out actually coming out and saying it but I laughed and he transferred the call. The next guy said he didn't know what was going on and straightened things out and I credit him for having some decency, though can't recall his name.

All I know is that if I owned a company and an owner didn't have the correct vin information and wasn't able to even register the machine b/c of my company's problem, I'd personally handle it and make sure he's satisfied/legal. ATK does not care about that. If you have your contact w/ATK Peterock then ask them why they won't even call/email me back on that. Maybe if I offer to order something they will?

Sandstorm

#33 Post by Sandstorm »

QUOTE (haydug @ May 23 2007, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe ATK needs to start playing ball, and give up on on the quads. What do you think sandstorm?

That's funny!!

Frank has actually been trying to sell hotdogs (bikes) when the public wants hamburgers (quads). He is a dirtbike guy through and through, but that doesn't mean the public is.. WAKE UP FRANK!!!!

peterock

#34 Post by peterock »

Psychosis,

I'm sure we can dig through several post/topics where you were complaining about your contingency situation and the numerous times I asked you to provide me with as much information as possible and I would see what I could do. You never supplied me with anything. But yet, you still complain about it left and right.

And your post about the A-arms again makes sense to me. Go back to my analogy about walking in to a dealership and asking the wrong guy in the wrong area.........result........probably going to get the wrong answer!

Even as much as you complain and whine, I'm still willing to help you out. But you have to offer the correct information in order to be helped. Take your vin number situation.

First question is going to be who and where did you buy it?
figure that out and then get in touch with me with the rest of the information.

Or does it matter? Even if I do all of this for you, I bet you still cut them down every chance you get.

Psychosis

#35 Post by Psychosis »

Pete: I cut them down b/c of what all happened. I didn't go through you on the contingency b/c a company should take responsibility. When Frank finally get involved I spoke w/him direct quite a few times and b/c they lost all the stuff I sent in I had to dig up archives of race results from 05 that had been deleted off websited. Luckily found them on wayback machine or whatever it's called but only found like 3 of them. I raced a 10 race series minus like 1 race and took a top 5 in every round including I believe 2 wins which was supposed to be $300 just for a win. They were deleted except for 3 like I said and I can't prove anything. I contacted the series manager and they don't have the records either so was stuck. There's nothing left that can be done. On the a-arms. EVERY Cannondale quad had the same frame minus a few early FX's if I remember right. The guy told me a Cannibal/VR frame probably wouldn't work w/Moto arms. I told him I'd been using Moto arms for a couple years and he said odd and transferred the call.

As for the title. ATK had me go through it all back in 04 and I gave them everything but they still never cared or responded since then. I bought it from Haydug through the Jividens deal in September 04. Engine had bad WWE piston and was replaced since it was brand new by ATK which is why the case doesn't match. One thing I did give them credit for but a brand new quad w/a fualty part should be taken care of, so nothing to brag over for them.

The frame vin is of course the 03 C'Dale but the ATK vin is different on the title. Rendering the title useless.

As for downing ATK: They haven't given me a reason not to. No actions, not returning calls, no forward progress, etc. If you helped me then that is you being a good person, not ATK being a good company. If ATK did what they said they would and put a racing program together or ANY further development of the machines then I would start to come around. But no deceny to return calls is unexcusible and will always leave a sour taste in my mouth.

UpsMan

#36 Post by UpsMan »

Haydug, where is psychosis's vin plate? Come on, you sold it to him, get crackin'. Its only been 2 or 3 years. LOL I'm not sure I understand how these can be sold as ATK's if they don't even have a vin plate. I remember reading some old posts in the archives about the Jividens deal. Haydug, refresh us about how that worked. When were the vin plates supposed to come, and why didn't they? I don't think I would have taken delivery or paid for one unless it had matching paperwork and vin number. Psychosis, you are lucky that it didn't get impounded. It would probably take forever to prove it was yours. I think you are crazy to buy a quad without the correct and matching numbers.
I will assume there will be claims of "paperwork must have been lost" or something like that from Frank, because Haydug will say he sent the paperwork. I'm sure it just got lost by UPS. Regardless, here is a guy without proper documentation for his quad, and to me, it looks like the selling dealer could be as responsible for it as ATK, but either way, you got a customer out here twisting in the wind. Someone should have helped him 2 years ago, and nobody did. To me it looks equally bad for the dealer and "manufacturer".

Psychosis

#37 Post by Psychosis »

I don't blame Doug for it. I knew the workings of the deal and ATK told me they would get me one. I was told they sent it out twice right after I purchased it and it never showed up either time.

At the time the engine numbers matched and the frame plate was "in the mail" as I said. After the case replacement and the plate never showing up I ended up w/no paperwork. I've persistantly contacted ATK for about 2.5yrs on the matter and have not gotten a message/call back in atleast 2yrs.

peterock

#38 Post by peterock »

Psychosis,

I don't have time to sit and write a long response so I'm going to keep it short.

As for the contingency, I can be very resourceful at finding information. Should have gave me the information. Wouldn't have hurt. And always make copies.

As for your vin number situation. Obviously I don't know the entire story, but if I read it correctly it was sold that way to you by Haydug? From the information you provided, I would say Haydug should have straightened the problem out for you. But I would like to hear the entire story before we make that assumption.

If I was able to help you, that would be ATK being a good company as I would be talking to ATK and they would make any decisions. I think they have made forward progress. Motor today is better then the motor they originally acquired.

I'm going to ask you a question and don't take offense to it. WHO ARE YOU? Why should ATK answer and return every call from you? In a perfect world every one would love to have direct contact with the company of the product they bought. But reality, that is just not possible.

Seems like part of your problem stemmed from Haydug. I don't see you bashing him every chance you get.

Anyway,
If you seriously would like to work any of your above problems out, email me the complete details of the problem. Have any documentation you have available and possibly scan and email that to me as well.

Help is staring you in the face. Your choice if you want to use it.

Peter Feldner
atkracing@sbcglobal.net

Ok, so it was longer then planned. Funny thing is, Haydug will probably come on here and slam me for something, eventhough I'm offering the help and he is the one that sold you the quad.

Psychosis

#39 Post by Psychosis »

I understand the thing w/Doug but I don't blame him b/c ATK told me it was in the mail and not to worry.

As for the "who am I" question. I don't ask them to return everything and help me every two seconds. If they'd have done what they told me they would have then two phone calls or even one would've taken care of it all. If they'd have returned just one phone call then I'd have been happy! The contingency thing was my fault for not making copies and/or losing them when I moved to AZ. But physical copies had been sent to ATK and confirmed long ago. Amazingly they all disappeared/not found on computers.

They have made a few improvement to the engine but I recently tore apart the engine they did for me and the thing was poorly put together. Overtorqued bolts, slightly warped cartridge plate from being torqued wrong, MISSING gaskets that instead used somekind of silicon in it's place, etc. Hopefully not all were that way.

I know you stand up for them and are trying to help them out for whatever reason. But matter of fact is still the same. They promise and don't fulfill. And if they have to do work, they ignore you. ****, it took me like 6 months alone just to get the title in the first place from them. No plate though.

I can provide anything and everything on the quad. The C'Dale vins, original engine vin, ATK frame vin number, etc. If I finally get them to give me what they should've over 2yrs ago then it'd ease things but I will still bash them. Making up for something years down the road DOES NOT compensate for their actions. If somebody on here treated me like that I would never even think of contacting them for parts or to buy something off them. That is the hole ATK is digging.

peterock

#40 Post by peterock »

Help is staring you in the face. Your choice if you want to use it.