Hey Timbo!Nanananana

peterock

#31 Post by peterock »

I have no problem that my money contributes to some fat pig VP's pension of several billion dollars........

oh yeah, why was it they were having financial problems????

Well at least the guy pushing the broom around the factory is getting $25 per hr as well.

cannondale27

#32 Post by cannondale27 »

Good point about the broom pusher.Can't blame the employees for always wanting more $ with the salaries the big wigs get though. Thing that really get me is what little work these pigs do is more than likely either done by thier secretary or some decision made just because they want a bigger bonus.

kdeal

#33 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 16 2007, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find their commercials hilarious. Not going to get into a better truck debate. You might not like me after!

This thread is so true... Steve you are right we don't like you already (sorry, you stepped in that one laugh.gif ). The reason the foreign car makers make vehicles here in the USA has to do with extremely high import fees imposed on them years ago to make the USA automakers more competitive. The agreement was done in phases, first was a partial assembly here, then full assembly. The sad thing is what was mentioned above... foreign cars (at least most Jap) are more American made than USA vehicles. Don't belieive me? Open the door on your new Chevrolet vehicle and read the sticker. More than likely it was assembled in Canada with a motor that was built in Mexico or Canada. The Japs seem to still be able to be us at our own game. They can still build a car in the USA with USA labor and still sell the vehicle for less money, all the while getting their Japanese owners hugh profits (Toyota has become the largest automaker in the world). The US automakers are outsourcing everything, causing US workers to lose jobs, and are losing money profusely!

As for an arguement about who builds a better truck I am with Steve as I am brand loyal as well. The only difference is that I prefer to keep my money in American hands and not foreign hands. I don't know if I drive the best truck made, but I sleep well at night!

And yes it's blue....as blue is faster!

kdeal

#34 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 17 2007, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good point about the broom pusher.Can't blame the employees for always wanting more $ with the salaries the big wigs get though. Thing that really get me is what little work these pigs do is more than likely either done by thier secretary or some decision made just because they want a bigger bonus.

Actually Steve we can blame that broom pusher and the management teams for the mess this Country is in. It's called greed my friend. Unfortunately, the restructuring of upper management in this Country is the thing that is still not done! If the employees are expected to take less money than management shoud as well (in porportion, meaning if they take a 10% cut, everybody should). We have forgotten what it takes to be competitive as is an example in why we are all here. Cannondale Motor Corp could not survive in todays environment either. It took someone's dream (and a whole lot of money) to even start this up. The original hope was more volume would make things cheaper (translation: if you don't sell a ton of product you don't make any money). It's all sad, and we all want to say it ain't so, but it is reality now.

I don't think no one knows for sure how to fix this mess. And, it will impact everyone eventually (even those fat corproate pigs).

cannondale27

#35 Post by cannondale27 »

Kdeal you need to do some research into salary and benefits of Japanese vs USA corporate bigwigs and while your at it see how they got their positions and qualifications.Its two whole different ballgames.Also your 10% figure for both workers and corporate would not even come close to bringing pay to worth in a more sensible range.How about 1000% cut for the crooks and 10% for workers?I see nothing wrong with the Bill Gates of world they earned thier $ its the other obscure ones.

kdeal

#36 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 17 2007, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kdeal you need to do some research into salary and benefits of Japanese vs USA corporate bigwigs and while your at it see how they got their positions and qualifications.Its two whole different ballgames.Also your 10% figure for both workers and corporate would not even come close to bringing pay to worth in a more sensible range.How about 1000% cut for the crooks and 10% for workers?I see nothing wrong with the Bill Gates of world they earned thier $ its the other obscure ones.

So you think that a multi-million dollar salary is going to make all that big of a dent in the billion dollar problem at one company alone? I believe Rick Wagoneer's (GM CEO) salary is well below $100M dollars a year, yet GM is bleeding billions of dollars a year. If you don't think that the CEOs of Honda & Toyota aren't making millions of dollars a year you are mistaken. The difference is the cost of the workforce and benefits. But, how many of our countries CEOs are getting rich off of the Japanese people? Can't say the same thing the other way around, even if you paid them a dollar a car.

peterock

#37 Post by peterock »

One of my mold making budies did a project for one of the big american car companies. (don't remember wich one anymore). He was making the mold for coolant overflow tank. The new tank needed to have one mounting hole adjusted serveral mm from a previous design currently in production. So they paid his company somewhere in the ballpark of $100,000 just to create a new mold for an overflow tank.

cannondale27

#38 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (peterock @ Dec 17 2007, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of my mold making budies did a project for one of the big american car companies. (don't remember wich one anymore). He was making the mold for coolant overflow tank. The new tank needed to have one mounting hole adjusted serveral mm from a previous design currently in production. So they paid his company somewhere in the ballpark of $100,000 just to create a new mold for an overflow tank.

Thats exactly the kind of $ Timbo gave up to work on Cannondales.He could make a mold like that in his sleep.As long as our country has people like Timbo we will be just fine.Might be doing something different and making less but really being happy is what its all about.

MX Quad Dad

#39 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 16 2007, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find their commercials hilarious. Not going to get into a better truck debate. You might not like me after!

My first car was a Chevy, But my dad believed Ford made the best truck, So I followed in his foot steps (when buying new cars or new and used trucks) for a while anyway. I would say I am dealer loyal more than Brand loyal. Two weeks after buying a new Ford, multiple problems arose. The owner of the dealership basically laughed in my face. A call to Ford consumer relations was almost as bad. I have a GM dealer who has always treated me well and hopefully will keep treating me good. Finding a good dealership is not easy, mainly because the bad doesn't surface until after you drop the 25-40Gs in their hands.

As far as foreign or domestic I am not saying much as of right now. I know a few business owners that made comments on how bad the big three was on paying. One in particular claimed Toyota kept him in business and made a comment that they usually paid on time.

As for the commercials, The one that gets me lately is a Ford commercial. Were they brag about their fully boxed frame. The company I work for just bought two new super duty trucks. While underneath them to bolt fuel tanks in I noticed the open frame. Now if the fully boxed is so much stronger why not use it on the heavier duty trucks?

I think brand loyalty is great when it comes from a autoworker talking about the brand that he builds. The worst thing dealing with the brand bashing is when a autoworker tells you how much better a different brand is than the one they build. Not saying they should only buy their brand, just that if they buy a different brand, don't say anything.

kdeal

#40 Post by kdeal »

Quad dad makes a good point. If you can't brag about what you make at work, you should keep your mouth shut. But, if you brag about what you make at work, you may be worth listening to!

While on the commercials....the one with the bare frame, chains and the train locomotive gets me. I don't remember whose ad it was (it's not important), but the fact that a locomotive with several thousand HP & Ft lbs of torque couldn't put a bigger dent in that frame! I guess they soaked the chains in liquid nitrogen before doing the test!

wacko.gif