My Cannondale Story

peterock

#31 Post by peterock »

Your valve cover is magnesium by the way..............

Z4J

#32 Post by Z4J »

Thanks Pete. I just caught that a few minutes ago when I took a second look today (MG).
27....The valves are normally a bit more rounded for stock?
I'm no expert, but the head seems to be in pretty good shape. I'll try to get a few more photos to see if this has had work done.
Great help everyone. Thank you.
Ps. Pulling the clutch assy. was a dream. I like that design!

Z4J

#33 Post by Z4J »

A few more photos....

Z4J

#34 Post by Z4J »

Even the the cover looks to be swapped (thanks Dave), I don't believe anything was done to the head. If you see something though, feel free to correct me.

claas900

#35 Post by claas900 »

Your cams do look good. Most of the early heads had the blue came gear seal, I'd be those cams are the 12 hole. I don't see it in any of the pics but the early heads also had the oil holes welded over instead of the later white epoxy.
It does look like the idler gear" the one between the cam gears" is rubbing the brace? Make sure it has all the shims when you take it apart, and I think its like 20$ but thoes bearings are cheep and good insurance.
You might have early valves,look for letters or numbers right at the tip of head by the keepers.

peterock

#36 Post by peterock »

Head looks like it has nothing done to it. Definitely not ported. It's hard to tell in the pic but it does look like the face of the valves have a little bit of bowl to them so I would say they are stock valves as well. Cams look good as well

cannondale27

#37 Post by cannondale27 »

Yup I can see the bowled shape in that pic.

ACEwrench

#38 Post by ACEwrench »

QUOTE (kevin444 @ May 2 2009, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i can tell that you've been dealing with Dave with all the very organized baggies hanging everywhere, that was my life for a couple of weeks. I recently picked one of these bad !@# quads and did a complete over haul from the crank up with the help of many folks here on the site and Dave "Boomer" helping with all the parts and tolls needed "still got a small bearing puller" that he sent to me at no charge; thanks again real stand up guy!

Good luck with the build...i've recently hit Amargossa dunes for the first time and had a blast with the dale......

have fun, and don't hesitate to ask questions, this is a dale and nothing like any other jappy.....

Kevin

Kevin,

I live in Pahrump and ride dales as well...I have a buddy that has a couple dales too. He is more of a duner than me but i do have a set of paddles...If you end up going to Armagosa or Dumont let me know and maybe we can meet and ride!