raremoto440

#31 Post by raremoto440 »

Yes it was mounted on the headlight.

sjstar

#32 Post by sjstar »

nothing like rarity

Brad Oakley

#33 Post by Brad Oakley »

Actually, I have one of them - brand new! As some of you know, I've been working (on and off again) on what will be my '04 Cannondale. Paul, you know since you helped me find the steering stems for the new frame! Anyway, I'd like to mount the pump in a tank. Could I get more information on what appears to be two aluminum "rings" - one mounted inside and the other outside the tank itself? I've been trying to figure how to mount the pump without having leaking problems. I'd also like to know how the quad was plumbed. It does look like it has a pressure regulator built into the pump. The return is hidden in the photos. That would mean only one line running to the injectors with no external return!

I think Chuck in Ohio may have one of the pumps, too.

raremoto440

#34 Post by raremoto440 »

Yes one ring in tank and one out. the outside ring has a rubber gasket on it. No external return line.

cannondale27

#35 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow that would clean things up substantially. Looking forward to your 04 debut Brad. Should be very impressive.

4strokemadman

#36 Post by 4strokemadman »

Raremoto440 is correct. Brad, now all you need is a Carbon Axle!

cannondale27

#37 Post by cannondale27 »

4stroke do you think they would have been running Fox Floats by 04?

4strokemadman

#38 Post by 4strokemadman »

It's hard to say. At the time, every time we tested different suspensions Ohlins always won hands down. I would have to say it would have probobly been Front EVOLS on the Blaze and MOTO with an Ohlins rear. The PDS system worked wonders on the No-Link rear so FOX would have had to have something that worked better for that setup. With the advances that FOX made in '05 I would say that it would have been FOX all the way around.

311racer

#39 Post by 311racer »

Is there any pictures of what the 04 cannondale would have looked like. Over the years I have seen the upgraded parts but, not a complete quad. From what I had heard that the 04 would have had a redesigned engine that would have been crazy.

cannondale27

#40 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (4strokemadman @ Dec 2 2009, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's hard to say. At the time, every time we tested different suspensions Ohlins always won hands down. I would have to say it would have probobly been Front EVOLS on the Blaze and MOTO with an Ohlins rear. The PDS system worked wonders on the No-Link rear so FOX would have had to have something that worked better for that setup. With the advances that FOX made in '05 I would say that it would have been FOX all the way around.

I agree. Ohlins PDS works for every type of riding there is. Not the best at anything but darn good at everything. FOX,PEP and others have thier specialties even now. Sure is cool being able to talk about this. And remember they can never take away the dream. Thanks.