thomez, is that a demo car?

#31 Post by dalewannbe »

What make and model?

thomez

Re: thomez, is that a demo car?

#32 Post by thomez »

Originally posted by dalewannbe
What make and model?

I'm not real sure, that is my uncles. The pic is taken at my grandparents and we all sneak our junk there. He has 60 acres to keep it all for us. I'm sure sometimes he'd like to give us a good :hammer:

biggrin.gif

Here is a lil better pic, maybe you can tell.

dalewannbe

cant' tell

#33 Post by dalewannbe »

But if you have any 74-76 general motors cars laying around there you want to get rid of, let me know!

thomez

#34 Post by thomez »

Will do! wink.gif

Jaybr

#35 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
How you like the MTR's Jay?

They grip and clean out well, the highway ride is decent but nothing to brag about. They've gotten louder than I expected on the highway, but they probably need balancing

I originally put a set of TRXus's on and couldn't get them to balance after several tries by several shops, ended up sending them all back and getting the MTR's. The MTR's are much better but I think I had a couple bad tires.

I keep a set of BFG AT's on during the summer when I'm spending most of my time on the highway.

On another note, I took the Jeep in today to get the 38's balanced and turns out both rear wheels are bent. I ordered a full set of Extreme Rockcrawlers powdercoated black, any experience with them? My options where limited in a 16.5x12 and they look to be good quality.

thomez

#36 Post by thomez »

Warning: Equipped with loud tires that throw mud. Maybe I need some fender flares :confused:

I can't think of the name for the life of me... but they make a nice whine that takes some getting used to, that is for sure. Or you can do what I do, crank up the Sony CD player and listen to the Xplod speakers thump! :head:

JeffQuadShop

#37 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Thomez....I think your talking about Bushwacker flares. Thats whats on my Wag in the pictures.
Thats MTR's on the Wag too....I just wanted to see how you liked yours. I really want to put a set on my F350 but I know thats probally not the best tire for towing. I think I'm just gonna get some KO's for it.

Jaybr

#38 Post by Jaybr »

Jeff, you could always try the Swamper SSR's on the 350, they have them in D if not E ratings. I read some good reveiws on them but haven't tried them.

THomez, the Tundra'a got an Eclipse deck, Boston Acoustics pro series 6" components front and rear, and a JL stealth box with 10" sub between the seats. I rarely hear the tires:head:

thomez

#39 Post by thomez »

I'm in the need for new tires in not too long, I think mom wants me to downgrade the noise level. She doesn't like driving the humming machine.... sad.gif - maybe I'll just threaten to get Swamper TSL's and then settle for what I have like it's a loss... ahhh the tricks kids pull on their parents tongue.gif

You guys do the truck pull thing? I'll find a picture of my uncles pulling truck - it puts more torque to the ground than any street driven truck I know of :wow

Jay, I'm considering buying the box that fits behind the seats on the standard cab, I think it holds 2 10's and it is a molded deal so it doesn't look so out of place. I should just make one.. that's an option too - the problem with getting something like that is my odds are probably pretty high that it gets broken into rolleyes.gif Either way, rock on! :head:

pdavis

#40 Post by pdavis »

i built a 1988 ranger, with a 351 cleveland 34" of lift with 44 super swampers, tilt front and tilt bed, if i can find pictures i will scan and post,
see jay, a cleveland in a ranger, same as 10lbs of tators in a 5 lb sack,
(hint) 700cc in a dale frame tongue.gif